• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hertling MTO Experience

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well they’re advertising time frames they know to be wrong. They were making so called RTW as MTO nearly 2 months ago and it is wrong to advertise these items are in stock and will ship promptly - regardless of whether you frame it as being overwhelmed by positivity or such. Fix your website and tell the truth.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back when the MTO buy one get one free launched, I had received 2 to 3 responses regarding being overwhelmed with positive response to the recent promotions from Justin. Their website quoted around 3 weeks which turned to 6 to 7 weeks. I think it's safe to say any order will take at least 6 weeks.
I wonder how this will work with Epaulet’s current Hertling promotion. I am thinking about placing an order and Epaulet is promising a swift turnaround. That does not seem to square with the experiences reported here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, if you don't mind waiting probably fine, I would take Epaulet over Hertling as counterparty any time...

surrender

Reaction score
I put in my order on the 29th and haven't heard anything, but I expected it based on what I've read about Hertling and I don't have a pressing need for my stuff. Still, it has to suck for people who didn't know about their troubles and actually expected their stuff within 3 weeks

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably right, but I don’t think they are too dissimilar if you compare customer feedback on both threads.

aha I haven't bought anything from Epaulet in a while, but they used to be pretty good in terms of responding...

lemmy127

Reaction score
With Epaulet, I’ll be the one to say it out loud... It’s not hard to imagine that Adele leaving has had a gigantic negative impact on the business from a staffing and institutional knowledge aspect and on Mike’s headspace. They probably still aren’t recovered from it.

With Hertling, I think Justin is just trying to get direct to consumer off the ground before he has the proper customer service infrastructure to support it properly.

It seems my saga with this thread will be coming to an end on Tuesday. I placed an order with the buy one get one free MTO program launch on August 13th. After multiple unanswered emails, a chargeback threat responded to on Reddit, and receiving a shipment of someone else’s pants, I will finally be receiving my two pairs of pants and a complimentary blue oxford shirt on January 28th. Better be some damn good pants.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did not realize Adele had left Epaulet. Having shopped at Epaulet since their very early days, I know she was very important to their overall success through the years.

Regarding your experience with Hertling direct, that sounds awful. It is not hard to find high quality trousers in the market. It is not worth going through that sort of ordeal no matter how well they turn out.

GoIrish

Reaction score
Got an email from Justin and I got this response.

"Sincerely appreciate your patience, we have been quite overwhelmed with the positive response to the promotions recently. We had to makeover of everything, so you trousers are in a batch being finished next week. We’ll ship them hot off the presses by mid-week. Sound good?"

Just if anyone else was waiting!
Which email did you receive a response from? I’ve sent a few, but nothing back..

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do y’all even spend money at this place anymore??

not ONE positive post about this place.....smh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads