• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hertling MTO Experience

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the grey cotton stretch chinos? Is it flat grey or does it actually look taupe like the pictures on the website? Please post a picture if you can!

bantone

Reaction score
Anyone have the grey cotton stretch chinos? Is it flat grey or does it actually look taupe like the pictures on the website? Please post a picture if you can!

I have a pair.

zvRaaP8.png

It's more of a slate/concrete grey. Hope that helps.

bantone

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Would you recommend them over other chinos? Looking for some summer casual trousers.

I have an athletic build and had to get them tapered. I don't like the wide leg of their "tapered" fit even though I have big legs.

Once I got them tailored (I have a pair of gray ones and olive ones) they fit like a charm. I actually caught a sale on some of the tan ones also. I have some Suitsupply chinos and I think the Hertling ones are comparable or slightly better quality.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an athletic build and had to get them tapered. I don't like the wide leg of their "tapered" fit even though I have big legs.

Once I got them tailored (I have a pair of gray ones and olive ones) they fit like a charm. I actually caught a sale on some of the tan ones also. I have some Suitsupply chinos and I think the Hertling ones are comparable or slightly better quality.

I'm probably going for a MTO order so I can make some changes and not need a tailor ( I still have a BOGO discount from last MTO order). Thanks for sharing!

GoIrish

Reaction score
Has anyone received RTW orders from the Flash Sale? Or responses to inquiries?
Just wondering :rolleyes:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received RTW orders from the Flash Sale? Or responses to inquiries?
Just wondering :rolleyes:

Ordered Jan. 1. Haven’t received items, shipping info, nor a response to my email, which was sent a few days back.

GoIrish

Reaction score
Same. I've sent 2 emails. I understand they might be inundated, but I'd be much more patient if I got a response with an estimated eta.

bantone

Reaction score
I placed an order on 1/3 and I haven't gotten an update. They are just RTW chinos.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah. You thought they were RTW chinos but they are very likely MTO RTW chinos.

bantone

Reaction score
Hey guys -

Just wanted to jump in here for a sec. Im friends with Justin and I gave him the heads up that you guys had some issues that need ironing out here. He's not so much on StyleForum but I told him that a bunch of you aren't having the best time about your experience - he assured me that he is personally working on all emails that he's got and pending orders to make sure you all get made whole.

As a side note, I visited him in the factory a few weeks ago and there are some really cool things coming in the pipeline! I have no doubt that you'll all be squared away shortly and with all positive results.

If anyone wants me to convey a particular order number or issue to Justin directly please let me know and Im happy to kick it upstairs to him.

Hi do you know what's going on with the RTW orders? I ordered some sport chinos on Jan 3rd and emailed to no response. I would appreciate some sort of timeline or expected time.

All in all I think the products are great but if delivery and customer expectations aren't met then that would cause a decline in business.

bantone

Reaction score
Got an email from Justin and I got this response.

"Sincerely appreciate your patience, we have been quite overwhelmed with the positive response to the promotions recently. We had to makeover of everything, so you trousers are in a batch being finished next week. We’ll ship them hot off the presses by mid-week. Sound good?"

Just if anyone else was waiting!

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when the MTO buy one get one free launched, I had received 2 to 3 responses regarding being overwhelmed with positive response to the recent promotions from Justin. Their website quoted around 3 weeks which turned to 6 to 7 weeks. I think it's safe to say any order will take at least 6 weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads