• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hertling MTO Experience

yungchomsky

Reaction score
So, yesterday I received the first pair from the 2-for-1 MTO order I had originally placed on 8/7. I expected to receive only one pair at first so I could make sure the fit was right before moving forward with the 2nd. However, in their email a few weeks ago, Hertling offered to throw in a pair of chinos since the order took 3 months rather than 3 weeks; those didn't end up being sent.

I got the super 130s hopsack and they seem good overall, but I'm unsure about one aspect of the fit -- what's with the way the pleats stay open? Seems a little odd. I emailed Hertling but haven't heard from them yet, any thoughts?

IMG_4708.jpgIMG_4709.jpgIMG_4712.jpg

Crispyj

Reaction score
So, yesterday I received the first pair from the 2-for-1 MTO order I had originally placed on 8/7. I expected to receive only one pair at first so I could make sure the fit was right before moving forward with the 2nd. However, in their email a few weeks ago, Hertling offered to throw in a pair of chinos since the order took 3 months rather than 3 weeks; those didn't end up being sent.

I got the super 130s hopsack and they seem good overall, but I'm unsure about one aspect of the fit -- what's with the way the pleats stay open? Seems a little odd. I emailed Hertling but haven't heard from them yet, any thoughts?

View attachment 1278948View attachment 1278957View attachment 1278961

That's how they make their pleats I guess. So far, they held up well for me and helped with how the fabric drapes on the front.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score

That's how they make their pleats I guess. So far, they held up well for me and helped with how the fabric drapes on the front.
It's nice to see people are receiving their orders-I'm still waiting on mine from early August. The example pictures of pleats they have on their site seem pretty similar to yours, so that may be their style as you said.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the pleats aren't "staying open". The creased edge of the pleat has to rotate from being parallel and flat against your body at the waistband to being perpendicular to your leg and form the crease. Nothing irregular here. They hang better than a lot of pleats pictured on SF.
To minimize this rotation to be more subtle you need a fuller thigh/leg.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40