1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Herringbone Sydney - suits now made in China!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nuff said, May 16, 2009.

1. super

super Senior member

Thanks journeyman! Would love to see pics of yours as well. I think my suit is slightly on the small side. When I went to see ethan he offered me a 40 suit and have that taken in where needed. I found this suit in another store and it didnt need any alterations other than to increase the sleeve length, but even then it's still on the short side. I guess this is more of a fashiony shrunken suit style than a classic fit. I think i'll go back to the macquarie place store and get another suit in size 40 and hopefully get the expert opinion of ethan. [​IMG]

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Super, the length of the jacket, and the width of the shoulders, looks good. I think that the only problem is that the sleeves look a bit too short.

I really like Herringbone suits, but I do wish that they would not pre-cut the buttonholes as it makes altering the sleeves quite difficult and, in some cases, quite expensive.

3. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

[​IMG]

Super, the length of the jacket, and the width of the shoulders, looks good. I think that the only problem is that the sleeves look a bit too short.

Not true. The shoulders are obviously too tight.

4. neyus

neyus Senior member

Not true. The shoulders are obviously too tight.

The suit looks terrible obviously because Herringbone have moved suit production to China. This would not happen if they made suits in Japan still, even though the suit you own is from Japan.

Looks good though the sleeves are possibly too short.

5. super

super Senior member

I really like Herringbone suits, but I do wish that they would not pre-cut the buttonholes as it makes altering the sleeves quite difficult and, in some cases, quite expensive.

Sorry I forgot to mention that this suit is a size 38, contrary to what ethan recommended... So now I kinda wish i went with his advice! It's still a comfortable suit, but I guess slightly tight on the shoulders and short in the sleeves. I think length wise its alright.

The suit looks terrible obviously because Herringbone have moved suit production to China. This would not happen if they made suits in Japan still, even though the suit you own is from Japan.

Looks good though the sleeves are possibly too short.

My suit looks terrible or it looks good? lol I'm confused.

I guess I will take these critiques into account when I get another suit soon! I'll still enjoy this suit as a kind of "shrunken" style suit lol