• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Herring Shoes Graduate Collection

JO3B

Reaction score
I thought this might tickle the fancy of those who want a nice pair of shoes but can't really afford to drop a few hundred dollars on a pair. The graduate collection seems like a nice group of shoes and if i wasn't such a snob i'd probably try a pair out. The longwings in particular, with dainite sole pebble grain leather, are rather nice. The reading comes in brown suede, which is nice because it looks like some of the shoes use corrected grain leathers. http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...dID=6&catID=84

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I might try the Reading in the suede. The last doesn't look particularly elegant, but I will provide more details if I end up pushing the button.

saelan

Reaction score
Not bad. Most of those prices are in the same range as Grenson, though, and I think they have more models that I'd prefer if I was looking to buy something like this.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
Not bad. Most of those prices are in the same range as Grenson, though, and I think they have more models that I'd prefer if I was looking to buy something like this.

Care to point us to any available online?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Grenson Cooper is not as nice as the Reading IMO

nimbus6

Reaction score
I was looking at getting the Brown Earlham Suede Semi-Brogue Shoes at www.ctshirts.co.uk but my size are on order until January. The Herring looks as though it would be a good alternative (if not the same shoe).

I can't seem to find any pictures 'in the wild' of either shoe.

acarlton

Reaction score
Are there brands selling in the US at similar price points? I'd love to get a decent new pair of shoes in the $175-$225 range. I'm not sure if I'm ready to shell out $300-$400 for AE/Alden.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of shoes from the Herring line. I am happy with them. They are a good price range and wear well. Even ordering them from England is not bad price wise. I like the English shoes becuase it is so hard to find the 6.5 I wear in the US. Most have to be ordered and it takes weeks or months to get.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acarlton
Are there brands selling in the US at similar price points? I'd love to get a decent new pair of shoes in the $175-$225 range. I'm not sure if I'm ready to shell out $300-$400 for AE/Alden.

e-bay and recraft

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acarlton

I have bought 5 pairs of brand new AE's for under $200 each... stay privy on sales and ebay

acarlton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
I have bought 5 pairs of brand new AE's for under $200 each... stay privy on sales and ebay

Nice. I guess I'm slow to act b/c i've never tried on any AE shoes, so don't know my size. You're prob right though. I imagine it's not impossible to find some AE's in that price range.

I was just wondering if there are similar brand to look out for besides AE in that price range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads