• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Yeah, I was hesitant to grab them in cigar because they looked much lighter. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them in person. They're the exact shade of dark brown that I was looking for.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crossposting and sort of repeating this from the suede thread...mainly because I'm longing for summer and remember the satisfaction when I finally broke these in. Herring's CS is the best experience I've ever had in regards to shoes.

They put up with exchanging 3 pairs for me to find the right fit. I then had to get them stretched out no less than 3 times, but finally they fit comfortably. No snugness, no flopping out of the shoe when I walk in them.

Ascot II, which I think are rebranded Loakes.

Also, their system makes for pain-free duty payment right on their website. They made it easy for Canadians to figure out their european shoe sizing. When I exchanged each pair, I had no issues with double duty charges. I only had to pay it the first time.
UaQVARB.jpg

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Very nice. I've never worn it myself but you're not the first person I've come across that's found Loake's loafer last a little tricky.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Very nice. I've never worn it myself but you're not the first person I've come across that's found Loake's loafer last a little tricky.
Thanks.

They recommended that last to me because I told them I have low volume feet.

I was convinced I couldn't make loafers work without going for super expensive Aldens, but I'm glad it all worked out.

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Will update with pictures later, but two pairs of boots ordered and delivered to the USA without any issue, great notification system and was super pleased with the boots and the accessories that were included complimentary.

The international ordering always made me hesitate, but it went so smoothly I've got no issues making future purchases.

BXpress

Reaction score
Will update with pictures later, but two pairs of boots ordered and delivered to the USA without any issue, great notification system and was super pleased with the boots and the accessories that were included complimentary.

The international ordering always made me hesitate, but it went so smoothly I've got no issues making future purchases.

Do they add free shoes trees? I can't find the Information on their site.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted in the Loake' thread:

I purchased a pair of Loake Avon from the Legacy range in 10.5 UK which is my standard size. Loake's Capital last is the one the fits me better, the Avon are monted in the River last that is a tad longer than the Capital and you might consider down sizing half if your feet are slim. The shoes are amazing, I purchased the black ones as an alternative to oxfords but once they arrived I bought the brown; they had a 30% discount in Herring's Winter Sale. The leather is very soft and I feel is of better quality of the "standard" 1800 range. Herring's service as always on top, thank you.

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 10.44.38.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 10.45.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 10.45.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 10.45.29.jpeg

BXpress

Reaction score
Use the code AAST for free shoe trees or AA10 for 10% off. Those codes are from AskAndyAboutClothes.

I plan to buy a pair of Wildsmith shoes, so would they send the original Wildsmith shoe trees if i use AAST? Or would they send their own generic not lasted shoe trees?

BXpress

Reaction score
So i grabbed the last pair of Wildsmith Sloane Cherry in 10.5. Love the Shoes. Was never a fan of Cherry but these are a nice brownish red. Excellent.

By the way none of the AA voucher codes actually worked.

Sloane1.jpg

Sloane 3.jpg

Kevin24

Reaction score
Apologies for bumping this thread, however, I had a couple of questions.

1) How is the quality of Herring's Spanish made Goodyear Welted shoes? How does the quality of the full grain leather ones compare to Herring's English made shoe offerings?

2) Would anyone know where I could find Herring's trouser offers elsewhere? I understand that a maker called Boston Sendye or something like that also makes them for Cordings? Herring is not offering their full range and Cording's charges nearly 40 quid for shipping them to the US.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for bumping this thread, however, I had a couple of questions.

1) How is the quality of Herring's Spanish made Goodyear Welted shoes? How does the quality of the full grain leather ones compare to Herring's English made shoe offerings?

2) Would anyone know where I could find Herring's trouser offers elsewhere? I understand that a maker called Boston Sendye or something like that also makes them for Cordings? Herring is not offering their full range and Cording's charges nearly 40 quid for shipping them to the US.

Hello Kevin, I can only help on the with number one. Basically you pay for what you get, the Spanish made shoes take a little more time to break and the quality of the leather is not as soft as a Church's, Sargent or Cheaney but honestly I wouldn't care much, in both cases great shoes.

What you can be sure of is the excellent service, they are very helpfull if you have questions regarding sizing or quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads