• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mustardontoast

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Loakes from the 1880 line and for some reason the 10% off code from June '11 worked. Just a heads up.

Rankiz

Reaction score
I just love my 3-4 pair of Herring shoes, good quality.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah, their prices went up by more than 10%.... Pricey website redesign that was.

TOBestWR

Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice pair a shoes and I found the Herring Hampstead (http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=453). I really like the design and it's in my price range. I was just wondering if the quality of these would be better then Allen Edmonds Strand. I was wondering which one would you choose and why? I live in Canada so they will be both around the same price for me.

streetminimal

Reaction score
They're quick to reply to enquiries about shoes but anything relating to post-order, they never do or take their time.

deingesicht

Reaction score
^^ They are out there to make money, thus emails from new customers would be first on the list - wouldn't you do the same?

I just ordered the Knightsbridge in black calf and they are very nice for the price. The service was fantastic! I sent Steve about six or so emails about the shoes pre-purchase and he answered very quickly. Additionally, I bought the shoes on the Monday and they were delivered to my house (Australia) by the Friday....

I will be definitely using his site again.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
Whilst I note that a few posters have experienced a somewhat deficient after sales service from Herring - I must say my own experience is quite the opposite.

I would recommend Herrings highly, if the shoes you buy from them ever develop a fault (yes, even quality footwear is not infallible) they bend over backwards to help you.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted them a week ago about discolouration from a pair Herring Coltham, how long does it usually take before they respond?

Last edited:

bwp

Reaction score
I'll add my 2 cents, I inquired about a return/exchange and never heard back. Response was prompt pre-order...In my case their strategy worked, I eventually gave up and decided to keep them. I do enjoy the shoes now, they just were not what I was expecting out of the box.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

I contacted them a week ago about discolouration from a pair Herring Coltham, How long does it usually take before they response?

In my experience, which stretches to approx 6 years now, no longer than 24 hours.

I'll add my 2 cents, I inquired about a return/exchange and never heard back. Response was prompt pre-order...In my case their strategy worked, I eventually gave up and decided to keep them. I do enjoy the shoes now, they just were not what I was expecting out of the box.

Astonishing. The last pair of Herring shoes I got were the Desborough - there was a tonal variation I didn't find acceptable - they immediately arranged for another pair to be sent out & offered me £30 off.
Bizarrely the new pair also had a tonal variation - seems the Desborough are prone to that given their burnishing.

hst

Reaction score
No. I recall they declare the full value.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
I already had a large discount & with the £30 off I got the shoes at approx 40% off retail. The tonal variation was only noticeable close up & has lessened considerably with wear & care.

habanos

Reaction score
I have not tried the Loakes but the Herring Spanish factory shoes are nice and I rank the quality above Allen Edmonds.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Neither Herring (nor Pediwear) devaluate their packages.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads