1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Herring Shoes - Experiences?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the_sartorialist, May 5, 2010.

1. shoewarma

shoewarma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was hesitant to grab them in cigar because they looked much lighter. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them in person. They're the exact shade of dark brown that I was looking for.

2. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

Crossposting and sort of repeating this from the suede thread...mainly because I'm longing for summer and remember the satisfaction when I finally broke these in. Herring's CS is the best experience I've ever had in regards to shoes.

They put up with exchanging 3 pairs for me to find the right fit. I then had to get them stretched out no less than 3 times, but finally they fit comfortably. No snugness, no flopping out of the shoe when I walk in them.

Ascot II, which I think are rebranded Loakes.

Also, their system makes for pain-free duty payment right on their website. They made it easy for Canadians to figure out their european shoe sizing. When I exchanged each pair, I had no issues with double duty charges. I only had to pay it the first time.
    [​IMG]

3. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

^ Very nice. I've never worn it myself but you're not the first person I've come across that's found Loake's loafer last a little tricky.

4. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

Thanks.

They recommended that last to me because I told them I have low volume feet.

I was convinced I couldn't make loafers work without going for super expensive Aldens, but I'm glad it all worked out.

5. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Senior Member

Will update with pictures later, but two pairs of boots ordered and delivered to the USA without any issue, great notification system and was super pleased with the boots and the accessories that were included complimentary.

The international ordering always made me hesitate, but it went so smoothly I've got no issues making future purchases.

6. BXpress

BXpress Senior Member

Do they add free shoes trees? I can't find the Information on their site.

7. shoewarma

shoewarma Well-Known Member

Use the code AAST for free shoe trees or AA10 for 10% off. Those codes are from AskAndyAboutClothes.

8. BXpress

BXpress Senior Member

Many thanks.