• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Herring had the 1966 shoes for free not long back too! Man, 18 more days until August is over! Then I can let the itch for the Drakes go away quietly.
drool.gif

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, they were sold in the John Spencer outlet in the mentioned town and they packed them in that particular box. I wondered then whether Herring shoes were also made in Spain or not because in the shop they devoted an specific corner to some Herring stuff. For 60€ I didn't make any further question on the topic.

Yes, if you check the Herring site you'll see that some of their shoes are made in Spain. Thanks for identifying John Spencer as their manufacturer.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a pair or Herring Readings late in the day on Friday. Got a shipping notification Monday morning and they arrived via DHL in Louisville today. Fantastic turnaround.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Looks like Herring has maintained their standard in shipping!

Yowzer

Reaction score
Indeed... not TNT... AFPOS could learn a thing or two from Herring. But you do pay for this one... All of my deliveries on anything with DHL have been spot on...

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Herring Drakes today, fast shipping and usual good Herrings service as others have said. Shoehorn and burgundy polish included. Using the 20% off code though I would suggest these are seconds, some scuffs on one shoe, theres scratching on the base of one of them and both shoes appear to have small amount of panelling missing from the back heel. Overall minor issues that wouldn't necessarily bother me but you should set your expectations accordingly.

edit: actually for the money the missing panelling on the back of the heel kind of annoys me looking at them now :(

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assure you, these are not supposed to be seconds so I would send Herring a message about it.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assure you, these are not supposed to be seconds so I would send Herring a message about it.

Yeah you are probably correct, just a bad set not necessarily connected to that code. I shot them an email and some pics hopefully their good service extends into resolving issues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads