1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Herring Shoes - Experiences?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the_sartorialist, May 5, 2010.

1. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Herring had the 1966 shoes for free not long back too! Man, 18 more days until August is over! Then I can let the itch for the Drakes go away quietly. [​IMG]

2. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

Yes, if you check the Herring site you'll see that some of their shoes are made in Spain. Thanks for identifying John Spencer as their manufacturer.

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Ordered a pair or Herring Readings late in the day on Friday. Got a shipping notification Monday morning and they arrived via DHL in Louisville today. Fantastic turnaround.

4. wurger

wurger Senior member

same, I ordered on sat, shipped on Monday and received today!

5. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Looks like Herring has maintained their standard in shipping!

6. wurger

wurger Senior member

well, they chose the right courier, DHL

7. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Indeed... not TNT... AFPOS could learn a thing or two from Herring. But you do pay for this one... All of my deliveries on anything with DHL have been spot on...

8. wurger

wurger Senior member

Got my Herring Fiennes today, straight onto my feet!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Nice burnishing.... [​IMG]

10. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

11. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Anyone know how long the code will last?

12. wurger

wurger Senior member

till end of august

13. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Got my Herring Drakes today, fast shipping and usual good Herrings service as others have said. Shoehorn and burgundy polish included. Using the 20% off code though I would suggest these are seconds, some scuffs on one shoe, theres scratching on the base of one of them and both shoes appear to have small amount of panelling missing from the back heel. Overall minor issues that wouldn't necessarily bother me but you should set your expectations accordingly.

edit: actually for the money the missing panelling on the back of the heel kind of annoys me looking at them now :(

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  14. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

I assure you, these are not supposed to be seconds so I would send Herring a message about it.

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Yeah you are probably correct, just a bad set not necessarily connected to that code. I shot them an email and some pics hopefully their good service extends into resolving issues.

16. wurger

wurger Senior member

What's missing paneling in the heel?

17. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Yeah hard to explain but on the heel at the side and back of the shoe, it appears to be constructed in layers/panels, well a cpl of rows of those have come away / peeled off. Anyway I shouldnt say anymore till I see how Herrings handles it, they've provided good service till this point so I don't want to give anyone a bad impression I only mentioned it at this juncture as I thought it may be related to that code.

18. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

Osiris2012 - I had the same experience with Herring Kendals that I ordered with the coupon code. The medallion on the left shoe was off center and partially covered by the welt. I assumed it was due to the discount code, but I took pictures and sent them an email just to make sure.

19. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

I got a response from Herring this morning and they informed me that these were, indeed, not supposed to be seconds. As an offer of goodwill, they're giving me 20% off my next purchase, if I'm willing to keep them, which is fine with me. Unfortunately, that 20% discount is just going to keep tempting me to spend more money on shoes [​IMG]

20. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

Good to hear the service remains excellent! Still, the point is to keep dangling the carrot, no? [​IMG]