• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes to Open First Ever Men's-Only Store in NYC ...

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
There are plenty of "men's-only" stores. Does "the first of its kind" refer solely to a men's only Hermes store? Excuse the ignorance, I didn't read the link and never will. The semantics are **** though.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I think J.Crew is opening a Men's Only store in Tribeca.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't get the mens-only appellation. Does this mean that only men are allowed through the door, or will women be allowed in?

How about the fragrances? What if I want to buy a tie and a bottle of Kelly Caleche? Do I then have to track down the corresponding women-only Hermes boutique, and...then what? Do I have to loiter outside the door like a teen waiting outside the stop-and-go in hopes a cool person will buy beer for me?

"Hey, lady, I see you're going in there. Here's $150 - would you get me a bottle of Un Jardin Sur le Nil? Please? It's not for me, I swear. You're cool, right? Please???"

I'll bet the ladies' boutique has more chairs than the men's. Just a guess.

And God help them if there's not a ladies-only boutique. Can you imagine the demonstrations? Busloads of ERA-wimmens-libbers would descend upon the joint like white on rice, demanding equal opportunity for the exclusivity in buying things they too don't need and probably cannot afford.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Are you serious?
It means the only merchandise carried in the stores will be for men.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ Aww it's not so out of the ordinary. Bergdorf uses the same strategy, as does Saks in some cities.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Are you serious?
It means the only merchandise carried in the stores will be for men.

Did I sound serious?

I'm at the office on a Saturday morning, so I post in lieu of cartoons.

edit: BTW, I read the brief article and saw the photo. And then I saw the orange cat tie on the Hermes web site, and it inspired a need I never knew I had, and I don't wear ties much these days. I totally go for whimsy.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where will the vege tanned bridle leather strap ons be sold? In the mens or the ladies department?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Err... I hope you are referring to shoes of some kind...

It's StyleForum, of course he isn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads