• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes Ties

heard546

Reaction score
I sold 3 hermes ties last weekend to a fellow forum member. They were new with tags, and purchased from Nieman Marcus. I am also the person that posted the article on Hermes ties. I am in Dallas, TX and these ties are hard to come bye and find at various stores. And, now I understand why after selling them.

Hermes is a truly uniqe luxury brand. Other luxury brands have follow Hermes unique design and patterns. For example, Ferragamo and Versace now offer patterns, styles, and similar fabric weigt neckwear with animals and other unique figures on printed silk. For example, I came across a Salvetor Ferragamo tie in repeating omega figures, and 2 others in patterns that I haven't seen. I also came across a Versace in repeating candy canes. So, you can expand your options to other luxury brands as well.

I will have to agree with other forum members about purchasing ties from overseas sellers, and other ebay sellers. Fakes/knock offs have come along way and are not easy to spot. Have the seller post pictures from several different angels, and upclose of the inner lining and tail. Also, look closely at the logo and registration number on the tail.

Good luck, and I hope this helps in some fashion.

tony

pred02

Reaction score
As for ebay, buy from Andyinternational. He's an excellent ebay seller who specializes in Hermes ties. I'd recommend him for all your Hermes needs.
+1. Also use the guides. It seems that sellers that are selling pre-owned are less likely to sell fakes. I also bought from other sellers, and from what I can tell, they are real.

heard546

Reaction score
I recently purchased 3 Hermes ties last weekend from NM Last Call here in Dallas TX, and sold all 3 to a fellow forum member. Will see if I can find some Hermes this morning while I am out and post pictures if I do.

NM Last Call Sale prices on Hermes are around $49 to $85, on a good sale day and if you know someone that works in te mens department.

-tony

Originally Posted by shyzashi
Hi gnatty8,

Which NM Last Call has Hermes ties? I have been to the ones in San Diego and Las Vegas, and they never have them. =(

shyzashi

Reaction score
Hi LARon,

What is your eBay ID? Do you have anything up for auction right now?

SHY

shyzashi

Reaction score
Hi pred02,

I have bought ties from andyinternational before. Yes, he is an excellent seller on eBay. He has a good guide on how to spot fake Hermes ties. I have also come across a website that is a great resource for people buying Hermes ties on eBay. http://www.buyrealhermesties.com/

SHY

shyzashi

Reaction score
heard546,

WOW, $49 to $85!!! why you only bought 3, you should have bought all of them!!! =)

SHY

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand why Hermes ties are expensive. Their quality aren't any different than a thin silk DKNY tie I have.

shyzashi

Reaction score
PocketCircle,

Toyota and Aton Martin both make great cars, but they target different market sectors. Hermes merchandise is really for a different level of consumers.

SHY

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shyzashi
PocketCircle,

Toyota and Aton Martin both make great cars, but they target different market sectors. Hermes merchandise is really for a different level of consumers.

SHY

Umm my DKNY tie isn't great and Hermes ties don't look and feel great in my opinion.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mljones99
Looks legit to me. Best way to get a good deal on Hermes? Make friends with someone who works there and will buy you some ties during one of the employee sales.
Yup. A beautiful tie cost me $35. Unfortunately my contact no longer works there. She was in charge of the US ******* division.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
A beautiful tie cost me $35.

That's how much they should've been priced @ from the begining
plain.gif

And don't get me started on their el cheapo slip-ons costing north of $800
devil.gif

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont think I have ever seen a conversational tie that appealed to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads