• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes shoe trunk

rsp1

Reaction score

rsp1

Reaction score

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Yup, the Lobb store on Madison Ave in NYC has one too, not sure if it's for sale though.

vc2000

Reaction score
This item was listed at 12k and then next at 11k.  Now I see it is listed at 10k.  Maybe if we wait long enough it will be free?

There was a discussion on the forum on the trunk and how it could be made for much less. Sorry I can't find the link.

My question for all you shoes experts out there - is the trunk the best way to store the shoes?  It seems that the shoes would be inserted in the sacks together?  Is it better to store shoes on a shelf?  

I am going to remodel the closet winter and I wondered how best to store those shoes that I have purchased since I have been reading the forum posts? (My shoe purchases have changed - Vass now has a good customer)

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad has a shoe rack like this built into his closet. I'm absolutly certain that it didn't cost anything close to $12k or even $10K. But then again it's not a Hermes Job.

The trunk is nice, but I'd rather buy some shoes to put in it.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't like storing shoes in sacks, or in trunks, or anywhere I can't see them.. I'd forget to wear half of them that way. Shelves are the way-to-go for me.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
besides, unless there's good air circulation in there, in order to use that box you'd have to have not one but TWO places to keep shoes: one (the box) for regular storage, and the other (the floor? a shelf? who knows...) for air-drying one freshly-worn pair of shoes for a day or two. perhaps one could commission hermes to add on a little drying rack on the outside of the bench. should only cost, what, $3000 or so?

/andrew - thinks he'll buy 3

marc37

Reaction score
Yet another excuse for Hermes' to fatten their profits.

Only 27 spaces; gee, l would need about 5 trunks. $50,000; l could buy 50 pairs of John Lobb RTW for that price.

l agree with master Harris: putting shoes in sacks makes you forget about the shoes. l like to put my main shoes on a shelf in their original shoes-boxes (unless they are MTM or be-spoke; no boxes).

Totally awsome avator faustian bargain... Do ya want to swap?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by marc37:
... l like to put my main shoes on a shelf in their original shoes-boxes (unless they are MTM or be-spoke; no boxes).
They don't give you a box when you order MTM or bespokes?
dozingoff.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Totally awsome avator faustian bargain... Do ya want to swap?
heh, thanks, but no thanks...i like my frylock.

just google images for 'aqua teen hunger force' and you will find enough material to join the burgeoning cult of ATHF styleforum fans.

besides, while i appreciate your avatar, it's a little too HRGiger-esque for me. (btw he got ripped off on the alien movies. )

/andrew

rsp1

Reaction score
I definitely may have to join the adult swim cult, but not sure if it will be ATHF...

Edit: Here we go...tough choice between Sealab and Harvey Birdman

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads