• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes authenticity check

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawandorder360
Can anyone verify if this is really authentic? I've got my own doubts as:

1. Shipping from Korea
2. Highest bid is $23?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-with-B...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks everyone

Yeah it's real, and a real bargain too!

Hermes does much of their business in the far East and many of the suppliers are Korean!

And if you believe that B.S., I have some ocean -front property in Arizona to sell you.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe this is that one in a million exception that proves the rule, and this really is a genuine Hermes.

Do you want to play with odds of 1,000,000,000 to 1!!!!

You have a better chance in the lottery.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawandorder360
Just checking to see if I was crazy
teacha.gif

You're not crazy. The lure of the bargain is very strong!

Many times I'll be surfing Ebay and I'll see a deal that seems too good to be true. And you know what. Usually, it is too good to be true.

What I think is sad is that Ebay has sellers in Korea selling "Genuine Hermes", to the US, while they screw with legitimate small sellers like our own SF poster Mack for ridiculous stuff.

BTW: Check this out. The seller ghd0408 has a shill account of disneyfan_626 to make shill bids on his "Genuine Hermes"!!!! I guess he doesn't want to sell these "Genuine Hermes", for too little!!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rows=25&sort=3

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't need any more verification, but even price and location aside, it IS fake. The fonting and the markings on the box and accompanying Hermes logo are all wrong.

The only place coming out of Asia that I'd trust for Hermes would be Japan, and even then I'd do LOTs of checks to make sure everything looked legit. And, even at that, I'd be curious why they'd be on ebay, when they could sell an authentic item much more quickly and easily by using their native-language retail/auction services (in Japan, these are yahoo.co.jp auctions or rakuten, but I'm sure Korea has something similar).

But, even though there is a huge selection of authentic Hermes in Japan, they pay perhaps 10-20% over european retail for it, so even if the item is legit, you'll never really get any OUTSTANDING deal (you may get a fair price, but definitely not 80% off of retail).

Even for domestic Hermes items, the best deal you'll probably ever get is about half off retail for a new item, and that is if it heat-stamped on the inside with a big "S" to note that it was sold in one of their annual sales. Seok's sale of a few Hermes wallets for about 60% off in the sales forum was about the best deal I've seen on Hermes in a LONG time.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
It's as real as all the other mass-produced luxury goods on eBay. Perfect if you're the type who uses eBay to get "discounts" on Tiffany cufflinks, Cartier pens, Dunhill wallets, Louis Vuitton purses, Gucci sunglasses or Prada backpacks.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow: You pretty much nailed him. How many money clips can a guy want. Ebay hassles good people but lets such obvious **** like this happen. Amazing.

Originally Posted by rnoldh
You're not crazy. The lure of the bargain is very strong!

Many times I'll be surfing Ebay and I'll see a deal that seems too good to be true. And you know what. Usually, it is too good to be true.

What I think is sad is that Ebay has sellers in Korea selling "Genuine Hermes", to the US, while they screw with legitimate small sellers like our own SF poster Mack for ridiculous stuff.

BTW: Check this out. The seller ghd0408 has a shill account of disneyfan_626 to make shill bids on his "Genuine Hermes"!!!! I guess he doesn't want to sell these "Genuine Hermes", for too little!!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rows=25&sort=3

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Wow: You pretty much nailed him. How many money clips can a guy want. Ebay hassles good people but lets such obvious **** like this happen. Amazing.

What's sad is that I probably didn't nail him. While it is very obvious that he is shilling, Ebay will probably do nothing about it, unless the seller is stupid enough to have registered both user names to the same name and address!

Ebay basically cares about one thing. And that is to keep their money machine churning. Here is a guy in Korea selling fake Gucci's and Hermes products, and also shill bidding!!!

And they probably won't do anything about it. Yet for honest sellers like our SF poster Mack, they cause many problems with chickenshit policies that don't help the buyers or sellers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads