• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes at Bluefly . . .

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neckties for men . . . leather goods, scarves and other accessories, for women. Discounts are not that great, but better than nothing.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a lot of old stock

my wife noticed one of the scarves is a design that was offered 12 years ago and hasn't been readily available for about 10 years, so i think they're cleaning out old stock - i noticed some of the tie patterns were from more than 5 or 6 years ago as well

prices aren't that great either as noted above but at least it's something

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure . . . that's often the case, with discount offerings. Still, Hermes is forever, so for those who are interested . . . now might be the time to buy something, then call it 'vintage.'

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
my wife noticed one of the scarves is a design that was offered 12 years ago

The year of production isn't an issue with Hermes scarves as I've known women to wear some that are more than 30 years old.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
The year of production isn't an issue with Hermes scarves as I've known women to wear some that are more than 30 years old.
So have I. One thing, to consider, however . . . deterioration. If they're selling silk that's a dozen years old, one might experience some fading or weakening in the fibers. All depends on how these items, were stored.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my point wasn't timelessness, my point was the fact that one couldn't find the scarf for ten years at hermes stores in europe, north america or even asia, despite even hermes in paris assistance who eventually replied that it was 'sold out', yet suddenly old stock resurfaces now, so where has it been all these years?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I meant, about storage. There is a chance, for deterioration. Believe me, I know . . . I've got acid free boxes all over the house. Silk especially, is subject to fading, yellowing, and weakening. That's been my experience, anyway.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and i doubt you'd get an orange hermes box with the goods either ....

even at an hermes stores, unless you buy at full price, you don't get a box
i've always bought my dress shirts on sale and have never been able to wrangle a box for them and am told every time that they are not allowed to put sale merchandise in boxes, only full price goods

anyway, it will be interesting to watch to see what is left on bluefly and how low will it get marked down ....

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, is that so? Armani always packs my things elegantly. Same when I was buying from Saint Laurent. Chanel, too. Sale, or no . . . I was accorded lovely packaging.

Agree . . . I think too, that it will be fun to watch these items, at Bluefly. I enjoy stalking clothes and other goodies.
marchal.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someday, I will get an Hermes briefcase. Someday...

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. Most, by not all, are of the tie patterns are from several years ago. I recognize a few patterns from this past Spring/Summer. By way of reference, at the recent Hermes sale in NYC, the old stock ties were going for $87. That is an OK, but not great price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads