Hermes at Bluefly . . .

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ivan Kipling, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Neckties for men . . . leather goods, scarves and other accessories, for women. Discounts are not that great, but better than nothing.

2. hermes

hermes Senior member

a lot of old stock

my wife noticed one of the scarves is a design that was offered 12 years ago and hasn't been readily available for about 10 years, so i think they're cleaning out old stock - i noticed some of the tie patterns were from more than 5 or 6 years ago as well

prices aren't that great either as noted above but at least it's something

3. Ivan Kipling

Oh, I'm sure . . . that's often the case, with discount offerings. Still, Hermes is forever, so for those who are interested . . . now might be the time to buy something, then call it 'vintage.'

4. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

my wife noticed one of the scarves is a design that was offered 12 years ago

The year of production isn't an issue with Hermes scarves as I've known women to wear some that are more than 30 years old.

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

6. Ivan Kipling

The year of production isn't an issue with Hermes scarves as I've known women to wear some that are more than 30 years old.
    So have I. One thing, to consider, however . . . deterioration. If they're selling silk that's a dozen years old, one might experience some fading or weakening in the fibers. All depends on how these items, were stored.

7. hermes

hermes Senior member

my point wasn't timelessness, my point was the fact that one couldn't find the scarf for ten years at hermes stores in europe, north america or even asia, despite even hermes in paris assistance who eventually replied that it was 'sold out', yet suddenly old stock resurfaces now, so where has it been all these years?

8. Ivan Kipling

That's what I meant, about storage. There is a chance, for deterioration. Believe me, I know . . . I've got acid free boxes all over the house. Silk especially, is subject to fading, yellowing, and weakening. That's been my experience, anyway.

9. hermes

hermes Senior member

and i doubt you'd get an orange hermes box with the goods either ....

even at an hermes stores, unless you buy at full price, you don't get a box
    i've always bought my dress shirts on sale and have never been able to wrangle a box for them and am told every time that they are not allowed to put sale merchandise in boxes, only full price goods

anyway, it will be interesting to watch to see what is left on bluefly and how low will it get marked down ....

10. Ivan Kipling

Oh, is that so? Armani always packs my things elegantly. Same when I was buying from Saint Laurent. Chanel, too. Sale, or no . . . I was accorded lovely packaging.

Agree . . . I think too, that it will be fun to watch these items, at Bluefly. I enjoy stalking clothes and other goodies. [​IMG]

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Someday, I will get an Hermes briefcase. Someday...

12. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Someday, I will get an Hermes briefcase. Someday...

I said the same thing about Dunhill Briefcases and now I have two and never use em. In fact, one of them has been in a box for about 5 years now.

13. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

10% off on Hermes stuff? Bluefly is making a killing if people are buying it

14. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

15. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Agreed. Most, by not all, are of the tie patterns are from several years ago. I recognize a few patterns from this past Spring/Summer. By way of reference, at the recent Hermes sale in NYC, the old stock ties were going for $87. That is an OK, but not great price.