1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hermès selvage jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by amerikajinda, Jan 27, 2008.

1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Maybe you should buy them, take pictures, and then decide that you don't want them any more and return them.
    Eh, too much work... they weren't really anything special -- just a very solid, well-made raw denim like RRLs or something... Nice and stiff, deep blue color, selvage... but the patch shouldn't add $500 to the price, if you ask me... it was a cool patch though. Just imagine no patch at all, but then orange thread sewn around the perimeter of where the patch would be if it were there. Like a "ghost patch" or something like that... the good thing about the jeans is that you'd be the only one wearing them -- you'd never run into someone else wearing a pair of Hermès jeans. So you could have the excusivity factor going on... but if you really want exclusivity, you could plunk down $1,660 USD for these: http://www.japanblue.co.jp/denimhouse/item/50.html

2. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

Bottega Veneta did a lot of jeans this season...passed by their store in Landmark mall and the menswear mannequins wore jeans in a loose-ish straight leg style that was reminiscent of workwear. Interesting to see somone present such a contradictory fashion statement...high end material used to produce something of a low end aesthetic. Something about the duality of something like that I find interesting in fashion, even though it doesn't exactly generate a feeling of authenticity.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

WTF? That's a lot of bread for a pair of jeans that maybe two or three internet nerds will give you props for. There's got to be a thousand more useful applications for that money, get real. $250, 300 bucks for a pair of premium selvage jeans, fine. $750? Give me a break

+1,000,000. What the fuck.

4. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

This thread is useless without pics.
    I need to see the item in question. . .

5. amerikajinda

6. ispace

ispace Senior member

I had a quick look at these jeans at the Sydney Hermes store today. I'd echo amerikajinda's comments - they are nice quality denim although they were nowhere near as rigid as APC NS; they almost feel as though they have been washed. No arcuates or any branding other than the silver rivets to distinguish your A$940 (about US$880!) Hermes jeans from your A$200 APC jeans.

The selvedge on them however looks weird compared to most other jeans I have seen - very thick, long orange stitches. They almost look fake, as though they've tried to make them as obvious as possible, but at that price I'm sure they're not.

B.

7. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

I picked up those jeans 4 weeks back. My personal opinion is: They are a shade better than LV jeans. I love both of them, though.

8. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

I got those jeans.

9. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

I got those jeans.

Post pics

10. amerikajinda

I got those jeans.
    You da man! [​IMG]

11. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

Post pics
    I am new to the site, how do i post pics?

12. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

here are the [ics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

The first 3 pics are of herme's jeans, 4th pic is Herme's polo and the last pic is of LV jeans

14. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

Here is a better pic...
    [​IMG]

15. Daskb

Daskb Well-Known Member

16. amerikajinda

Awesome!!! That's what I'm talking about -- the "hidden" patch -- with the Hermès leather patch on the inside and the orange thread on the outside where the patch would be... awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

lets see the selvage

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

The selvedge on them however looks weird compared to most other jeans I have seen - very thick, long orange stitches. .
    sounds a bit like Jean Shop, with their very blatant orange selvedge that inner tag is cool....the cut is probably very relaxed I'd imagine

19. onion

onion Senior member

sounds a bit like Jean Shop, with their very blatant orange selvedge that inner tag is cool....the cut is probably very relaxed I'd imagine
    They have them at the Hermes near me on the mannequin, and they look pretty relaxed. The cut looks like something a typical 50 year old would wear. Maybe they look different in person, or they have different cuts, but what I saw wasn't appealing at all. I keep meaning to go in there, but the store closes before the mall does, and I never seem to make it in time.

20. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

looks like something a typical 50 year old would wear.
    Let's be real; less than 5% of all Hermes dollars comes from buyers under 40. Considering the average young Hermes buyer buys a single $150 tie, and the avg 50 yr old Hermes buyer buys a $5k bag, it might be closer to 1% The jeans are for old men