1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Here's why I was asking about the Kiton suit price

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Nov 30, 2004.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

DROOL. I wish I had the balls to bid on this sucker. This seller did a perfectly awful selling job.

2. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

well he obviously doesn't sell a lot of high end menswear, but at least he gave complete measurements..

Someone should absolutely snap that up.

3. johnnynorman3

God I could buy that to flip it.

4. johnnynorman3

Ahh, makes me feel better -- I wasn't willing to shell out $1200 (I could get the Attolini that I like better for that). Did someone here buy that?

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Too late now, how much do you think it would have gone for properly listed? I didn't see any Kitons that much higher in the completed listings.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

Figure another 100-150 for alterations, and you're all in at a pretty hefty sum.
    Also, he says it's brown - it's really hard the tell the shade of the color from the pics.

All that said, you will have a Kiton suit for around $1200... not bad at all.
    I don't know... I'm just so reluctant to spend big bucks on RTW these days unless it really fits me perfectly.

7. johnnynorman3

Well, I made the flipping point before the auction ended. Some guy swooped in and got it for just under what I think it could've fetched if it were run properly.

FWIW, I emailed the seller several days ago asking (1) what weight the fabric was, (2) what color brown it was, (3) what color the subtle stripes were, and (3) to post some pics of the jacket hanging.

He answered: "More of a three season weight vice winter weight." I had no clue what that meant and had to look up vice in the dictionary. "Brown." He never specified the shade, even though that's what I asked him to do. "Brown pinstripes." I can clearly see some blue pins in there. "I'll send you more pics in the morning." He never did.

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Very professional. By vice, he meant "as opposed to", right? I once had to look that up as well; it is heavily used in military writing, but almost nonexistent elsewhere.

9. johnnynorman3

Yes, vice means "as opposed to" or "rather than." But did he mean that it was a Fall, Winter, Spring suit or a Spring, Summer, Fall suit. [​IMG] I loved the color answer. My question was literally, "You state that it is brown, but could you better describe the shade of brown (i.e. light, dark, coffee colored, etc.)?"