• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's a pic. Provide style advice and win a prize.

dj-jd

Reaction score
Gents -

Here's my facebook pic. I have only recently started trying to dress like an adult. Some people tell me I "have the whole 80s Florida thing going on." I take that to mean Miami Vice (because I'm a bit conceited.) So, am I dressing right? What would I look good in? What should I avoid?

Thank you.
J

[edit: attachment removed, new pics on page 6.]

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duuuude.

Regards.
PS. Yes, my post above is succinct, yet strangely deep.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have the skin/hair color to pull off this palette.

dj-jd

Reaction score
I'm pretty comfortable with the colors, but..... which palette would you suggest?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shorten your hair, shorten your sleeves and don't wear a striped shirt and striped tie at the same tie, you look like an optical illusion. Otherwise you look fine.
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I don't think you have the skin/hair color to pull off this palette.
The more I look at it, it does seem weird that you're pale and blonde but wearing charoal, dark blue and black. But maybe thats just me

dj-jd

Reaction score
I'm not quite as pale as that picture may suggest. Medium skin tone maybe.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dj-jd
I'm pretty comfortable with the colors, but..... which palette would you suggest?

Something lower contrast compared to your skin. A lighter gray, tan or brown with a white shirt perhaps?
Or you could dye your hair to a darker color.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious...do you drive a Toyota?

Regards.

dj-jd

Reaction score
I drive a 1974 Yugo with a custom spoiler. Will I find help here or not?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice attitude....matches your sense of style perfectly.

Regards.

JordanH.

Reaction score
lighter colors. more tans, lighter grays. if that's not your natural hair color let it go natural. i'd also cut the hair.

also, the pattern on your tie and the pattern on your shirt really seem to almost be the same size. change the scale of one or the other and make it noticeably bigger or noticeably smaller. I can't really tell how the jacket fits from this picture but it doesn't look like a bad fit (though i'd stay away from black blazers, just a personal preference).

now, how are the shoes?

dj-jd

Reaction score
Thank you JordanH. The shoes are too tight. I'll have to buy some new ones, a wide size. I go for light brown.

dj-jd

Reaction score
I intended to thank you as well Shikar, however I was too busy swatting at that bug that keeps landing on my screen. تاشاکور.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads