• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here to answer lifting/BB'ing/dieting questions

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might get ripped for this, but since I can't add anything in the form of clothing advice I thought I might offer up my knowledge in this area. I have a lot of experience and have been all over the map.

I'm 5'10, have been 185 @ 6% body fat, I've been a soft 195, I've been 225 at 6%. I've power lifted, run marathons, been a sprinter, a lot of crossfit experience, and have used pretty much any popular lifting routine or programme. I've been lean and strong eating extremely healthy, eating anything I want, or even diets with less than 20g of carbs a day. I also have no BS insight into supplements, what works, what's worth the money and whether or not you are even in the place to use something.

If anyone would like some guidance or advice don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rugger
Might get ripped for this, but since I can't add anything in the form of clothing advice I thought I might offer up my knowledge in this area. I have a lot of experience and have been all over the map.

I'm 5'10, have been 185 @ 6% body fat, I've been a soft 195, I've been 225 at 6%. I've power lifted, run marathons, been a sprinter, a lot of crossfit experience, and have used pretty much any popular lifting routine or programme. I've been lean and strong eating extremely healthy, eating anything I want, or even diets with less than 20g of carbs a day. I also have no BS insight into supplements, what works, what's worth the money and whether or not you are even in the place to use something.

If anyone would like some guidance or advice don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best.

Congrats.
facepalm.gif
spam[1].gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might get ripped for this,

yup

hang out in random exercise and fitness thoughts, the rest of this forum is threads about hair or immense fail regardless of topic. just dont be that guy.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer, I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago, I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
lefty

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can I gain weight, I'm 6'5" 140lb, won't eat above maintenance (deffo no sat fat that **** kills) wont do any compound lifts b/c I dont NEED any muscle to my legs.

Help me pls I need to get under 0% bf and AT LEAST 250 lb, I'm thinking 110lb lean mass before summer is easy goal???

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet.

I'm your body type. 5'10 at 165 lbs. I'm am lean except for my fat stomach.

I want to be heatlthy and look like a chiseled adonis.

Lead the way.

I just bought some Syntha 6 for protein and NO2. Do I even need N02?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last I checked I'm 900 lbs at 90% BF. Halp.

(this is due to me not listening to another expert on this forvm and eating more than 120g/day of protein and having unrealistic expectations of muscle groath)

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol u noob ur adonis index is all messed up. u ******* fatass. here is a pubmed article to show how stupid you are.

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Nah brah, my index is 1.618 gold ******* standard! Ya'll noobs with that high protein diet ****, rolling average 70g's all the way....

Mr T

Reaction score
I noticed you haven't tried fasting for twenty days.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rikkar501
rolling average 70g's all the way....

Dude, this so sounds like a name for a ****** rap group - I can picture it already:

"Rollin' average 70-120 G's"
We'd rap about proper macros and how it's unnecessary to get 1g/lb of protein. Other songs would include growing up in the 'hood, only lifting sandbags, but now pimpin' it @ Planet Fitness with platinum power racks and iced out lifting belts.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Our shoulders at 1.6 to the one to the eight to our waist

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads