• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

here is where we talk about 1st jobs

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The Gap

This was my second legit job. It was pretty fun times.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a valet (parked cars) at restaurants/private parties/events about 3 months after I got my driver's license. All of my friends worked for the same company so I was mostly working with my best friends. Made $10-20 an hour under the table most of the time. It was awesome.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I was exposed to computers at an early age so my first "jobs" were all off the books consulting gigs throughout high school: creating/maintaing a website for a medical clinic, on-call computer tech for a large nun organization, etc.

I guess my first real job was working for a campus copy center. It would have been more bearable had it been something with human interaction like Kinko's but since it was strictly departmental or in-house it was located in a cramped room in the basement of one of the buildings. The job itself was in no way demanding, rather, it was completely tedious and mind-numbing. The machines would continuously drone loudly and block out any other sounds. I remeber how excited I would get on days that I'd have to make deliveries around campus, which would only be once or twice a week, because that meant I got to see the sun and other people.

Ha. But because it was a work-study it paid better than anything else I could find so I stuck it out.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a janitor for a Defense Dept. contractor during the 1st Gulf War. I used to sneak food from the cafeteria and take unauthorized breaks, and one time I caught a baby rattlesnake in the hallway and let it loose outside. I also tried to hack into the PCs in the offices I cleaned but didn't have much luck. That is all.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first job was a position as a graphic designer - mostly for websites, 8 years later still doing the same thing..
Going to art school soon to get into 3D for games

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
TVP & gluten flour? Sounds like you worked in a Adventist store.
90% of people I interact with have no idea what Adventism is, or any Adventists. But yeah, I was employed by the Seventh Day Adventist Christian church in some form or another off and on from 14-21.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads