• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

William Kazak

Reaction score
I don't follow so called rules but over the years I have found my preferences that work for me living in the Midwest. Pleated pants in wool and chinos. Pleated linen trousers in summer. Church's leather shoes and Sperry CVO in various colors. Summer shirts in linen both long and short sleeved. I never roll up a long sleeved shirt, it seems silly to me. Blazers whenever necessary, contrasting color with the trousers. I need contrasts in color no matter what. I never wear suits, not necessary for me. I had an ivory shawl collar jacket like Bogart in Casablanca. Worked well with Navy blue wool trousers with a stripe of fabric added to the trousers. I never wear black. Seems morbid to me. I need color. Lots of jackets to keep warm. Two Burberry trench coats, one double breasted and one single button stance.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I don't follow so called rules but over the years I have found my preferences that work for me living in the Midwest. Pleated pants in wool and chinos. Pleated linen trousers in summer. Church's leather shoes and Sperry CVO in various colors. Summer shirts in linen both long and short sleeved. I never roll up a long sleeved shirt, it seems silly to me. Blazers whenever necessary, contrasting color with the trousers. I need contrasts in color no matter what. I never wear suits, not necessary for me. I had an ivory shawl collar jacket like Bogart in Casablanca. Worked well with Navy blue wool trousers with a stripe of fabric added to the trousers. I never wear black. Seems morbid to me. I need color. Lots of jackets to keep warm. Two Burberry trench coats, one double breasted and one single button stance.
Interesting first post William. Welcome to this thread and StyleForum !

Speaking of what I find really difficult to dress correctly with the heat. Today I opted for a Muji navy thin linen blazer, a Ben Sherman very thin poplin white ss BD, an Uniqlo brown « Vintage » Chino (flat front), and Sebago light brown Penny loafers.
A bit too classic probably, but OK with today’s temperature (35C).

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Interesting first post William. Welcome to this thread and StyleForum !

Speaking of what I find really difficult to dress correctly with the heat. Today I opted for a Muji navy thin linen blazer, a Ben Sherman very thin poplin white ss BD, an Uniqlo brown « Vintage » Chino (flat front), and Sebago light brown Penny loafers.
A bit too classic probably, but OK with today’s temperature (35C).
That sounds close to my faves in the summer, 'cept its too hot for a blazer less it's the evening. I opt for suede Vans alot of times, so I don't wear out my loafer soles. The olive green chinos that Uniqlo is selling right now are way cool, I seen a guy with them yesterday, when I asked, he said he got them at the Uniqlo store I posted about earlier. Stay cool Inspector 😎

Last edited:

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Sounds very stylish. Funny, I always roll my long sleeves a couple turns, less I got something over it. An old habit, but my location is also hotter than the Midwest, assuming your talking about the US.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer conservative business dress for me at work, dark grey or navy flat-fronted suit trousers and white shirt with cuffs turned up.

Last edited:

xeoniq

Reaction score
This is a great look @xeoniq. I am regularly having a look at CP Company items, that you can even find in some department stores here (&) now, but they are VERY expensive…

New C.P. Company is owned by the Asian firm that started Nautica. Some of the stuff is not bad but often overbranded imo; and yea the prices are very high. All my stuff is vintage from when it was made in Italy and still owned by Massimo Osti. Vintage Italy pieces from the brand are pretty much worthless on Y!JP auctions, I use ZenMarket to proxy those. I imagine European trading post or eBay sites would have a fair bit of older C.P. Company as well. Things from that era were really very well made from nice materials and last a long while, in my experience.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
That sounds close to my faves in the summer, 'cept its too hot for a blazer less it's the evening. I opt for suede Vans alot of times, so I don't wear out my loafer soles. The olive green chinos that Uniqlo is selling right now are way cool, I seen a guy with them yesterday, when I asked, he said he got them at the Uniqlo store I posted about earlier. Stay cool Inspector 😎
Mike there are several style of Chinos at Uniqlo. I really like the « Vintage fit » ones (that seem called « Vintage style regular fit » now), I bought two a couple of years ago (one brown and one beige) and they are great value. Very nice material, quite thick, nice traditional cut, but not as wide as the old army Chinos. They are doing them in Olive too.
I don’t know if they changed the cut or material recently, if they didn’t they are highly recommended !

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Mike there are several style of Chinos at Uniqlo. I really like the « Vintage fit » ones (that seem called « Vintage style regular fit » now), I bought two a couple of years ago (one brown and one beige) and they are great value. Very nice material, quite thick, nice traditional cut, but not as wide as the old army Chinos. They are doing them in Olive too.
I don’t know if they changed the cut or material recently, if they didn’t they are highly recommended !
The ones I saw were a slimfit, but I do like reg fit. It was the material of the ones I saw that caught my eye, looked like tech gear, like for outdoor activities but deffo a modern cut. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be heading up to thier shore next weekend.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I moved to New Hampshire recently, so some of my usual C.P. Company gear and flashy Adidas have taken a back seat to Levis with Alden or Quoddy penny loafers,
New C.P. Company is owned by the Asian firm that started Nautica. Some of the stuff is not bad but often overbranded imo; and yea the prices are very high. All my stuff is vintage from when it was made in Italy and still owned by Massimo Osti. Vintage Italy pieces from the brand are pretty much worthless on Y!JP auctions, I use ZenMarket to proxy those. I imagine European trading post or eBay sites would have a fair bit of older C.P. Company as well. Things from that era were really very well made from nice materials and last a long while, in my experience.

Yeah I’ve been collecting C.P. Company gear for around 20 years now, and while the quality is still very good,I agree they can often be “overbranded” with the watchviewer/goggle on practically everything, seemingly to cash in on the Stone Island badge popularity.
I always dug their “Relax” line: simple, subtle, and unique. One sweatshirt I have folds inside a small pocket and transforms into a neck pillow.
I also dig their Metropolis line. I had an original Metropolis from 2000 but shifted it and got the reissue a few years back. This was just as good as the original in my opinion. Very well-made and warm.
I still say one of the top C.P. pieces I have and that they ever put out is the Aitor Throup Mille Miglia coat. An absolute belter of a piece, with maybe only 250 made worldwide. I doubt they’ll ever outdo it. The money it goes for now is astronomical.

Byrone

Reaction score
I moved to New Hampshire recently, so some of my usual C.P. Company gear and flashy Adidas have taken a back seat to Levis with Alden or Quoddy penny loafers,

New Hampshire ?
Are you gentrifying ? :-D:satisfied:

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gotta bro from New Hampshire, I love his accent. He told me the men all have a plaid flannel overshirt.

A good amount of that for sure, but I’m near an Ivy League school so there’s a bit more sophistication/douchiness in the mix here as well. No flannels or beard for me! A pickup truck is as far as I’ll go😉

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
All the best in your new spot. It looks beautiful in pictures I've seen.
Edit: Oops

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
A good amount of that for sure, but I’m near an Ivy League school so there’s a bit more sophistication/douchiness in the mix here as well. No flannels or beard for me! A pickup truck is as far as I’ll go😉
All the best in your new spot. It looks beautiful in the pictures I've seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads