• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Did you get those 1968 jeans ? How are they?
Nah, I tried right after I posted, but they had sold out. I'm not completely sure the material was from 68 or that's just the name they gave that drop. Hopefully they'll do another run. I did get a pair made from Cone selvedge they call The Normal. They are so nice, I'm very happy. I have to have them hemmed as they don't customize their inseam. I bought a pair they had in stock, so I didnt have to wait for them to be made, took 3 days to get to me. The pair of faded red ones I ordered in early May are still being built. They have a pair of the 68s in stock in my size but their skinny cut and I cant hang. Hope all is well @Byrone.

Last edited:

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Did you get those 1968 jeans ? How are they?
Heres a pic. They are a med weight but still rigid, with a straight cut.
20220625_045422.jpg

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig the stuff they make. Difficult to find it here and of course even more expensive than in the US. Good thing with the Uniqlo collab was that it was affordable and easy to find. I really like EG « Bedford » 3b blazer, that’s the only garment I would really like to have from them.
Yeah most of their stuff is military inspired. Interesting « takes » most of the time. Now some of their items are not for me though.
I wouldn’t be surprised if @Botolph had some of their stuff ?

Normally I wouldn't really go for EG stuff, but I do have a Blackwatch Flannel Work shirt (Navy & Black) from years ago that has become a bit of a favourite item during the winter.

The material, cut and construction is pretty incredible even with years of abuse including hiking and DIY activity

It's kind of subdued compared to a lot of their later offerings, and I would buy another tomorrow if they returned to that cut (the newer versions are too long)

20220627_121237.jpg

Last edited:

xeoniq

Reaction score
Been wearing this jacket a lot this winter in Australia. I feel like it's a bit special as it's made from a membrane shell but instead of a nylon face fabric, it has cotton. It is quieter and looks less like an outdoors jacket and has gotten some wear over time. I added a removable collar from another coat I had by adding velcro strips to the bomber's collar. The t-shirt was olive green and I dyed it with black indigo RIT and I think it came out pretty close to the jacket in tone. The pants are like slim chinos but are made form a nylon polyester 2-layer fabric that is windproof and water resistant with a lot of stretch so it's very comfortable to wear; a little noisier than cotton though. For the mild winter here it's nice. The watch is something I got recently from Japanese auctions. It's extremely ugly in design in my opinion but I really was drawn to the smoke translucent green of the case. It's surprisingly very comfortable as well with its soft polyurethane and nylon blend band, I am used to resin or titanium for my Casios. I felt like this was a nice kind of modernised play on more traditional looks from past sub-cultures.

IMG_20220702_154627_860-02.jpeg
riseman.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Been wearing this jacket a lot this winter in Australia. I feel like it's a bit special as it's made from a membrane shell but instead of a nylon face fabric, it has cotton. It is quieter and looks less like an outdoors jacket and has gotten some wear over time. I added a removable collar from another coat I had by adding velcro strips to the bomber's collar. The t-shirt was olive green and I dyed it with black indigo RIT and I think it came out pretty close to the jacket in tone. The pants are like slim chinos but are made form a nylon polyester 2-layer fabric that is windproof and water resistant with a lot of stretch so it's very comfortable to wear; a little noisier than cotton though. For the mild winter here it's nice. The watch is something I got recently from Japanese auctions. It's extremely ugly in design in my opinion but I really was drawn to the smoke translucent green of the case. It's surprisingly very comfortable as well with its soft polyurethane and nylon blend band, I am used to resin or titanium for my Casios. I felt like this was a nice kind of modernised play on more traditional looks from past sub-cultures.

View attachment 1808546
View attachment 1808545
You are here, now, it’s a timeless look and at the same time a post mod(ern) personal reinterpretation. Close to Perfection.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I don’t remember if mentioned before those new « 1980s 501 » whose cut (high waisted, slim legs) might be familiar to those of my class (@covskin, @Yorky, @Swampster among others). Just saw the « made and crafted » version, in a nice thick rigid denim. I’ve red on the tag that It will « approximately shrink 2 inches in the waist and legs if it’s washed ».

Well they just re-invented the good old Shrink To Fit 501.

61864B38-5987-4AA3-A0B3-5D4C2A405F4C.jpeg

Swampster

Reaction score
I don’t remember if mentioned before those new « 1980s 501 » whose cut (high waisted, slim legs) might be familiar to those of my class (@covskin, @Yorky, @Swampster among others). Just saw the « made and crafted » version, in a nice thick rigid denim. I’ve red on the tag that It will « approximately shrink 2 inches in the waist and legs if it’s washed ».

Well they just re-invented the good old Shrink To Fit 501.

View attachment 1809235
I like the idea of the high waist. Not sure I could cope with the slimmer fit these days though!

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Are you sure it is a slimfit version ?
Very nice anyway.
Thanks. No, actually, I don't know. The only labels on them when I got em was the one in the pic and a black and gold levis tag on the back pocket. I've only had old pictures to compare to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads