• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Byrone

Reaction score
Not too much. I can surf but I'm scared of sharks, there's alot more greatwhites off our coast in recent years. A guy got ate just swimming years back, so I just stayed onshore more. I just like to copy some of the classic styles. My cousins have been full on surfers from birth it seems.
Scary ! 🦈

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Scary ! 🦈
100%, those surfers out today are really into it. It seems most So Cal kids parents dress them in beach or costal type clothing, til they developed their own style. Silly me I chose an English fashion I can only pull off for half the year.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The poll is up in @xeoniq's challenge, if you wanted to vote. Several participants from H&N :)

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Not to instigate, but this raises a question wit me bout fashion quality vs utilitarian quality not necessarily for the challenge but in general, especially bout boots. My test for a good boot is if it can drive a shovel into the ground consistently without hurting my foot or to protect my feet from rough terrain. I would never think to do that to a boot I would only wear fo fashion. I guess quality would depend on the material used and over all finish, IMO. Working manual labor most of my career, the contrast is ironic.
I know you posted this in "the Chelsea style boot FC", but it seemed too much digression there, so i will reply here.
I suppose we all have different opinons, aims, use, intentions when we buy an item. So personnaly i don't "drive a shovel into the ground" with new boots (or rather shoes, as i really don't wear boots a lot for a long while). I do like quality though, and items that last, so i like a shoe/boot to be both sturdy and looking good/stylish (rather than fashionable. I'm into style, not fashion).

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
My point is, you need a sturdy boot to drive a shovel into the ground, it won't budge otherwise and one would never think about doing such a thing to an item they were wearing to add style to an outfit. Sturdy and good looking seem your criteria for quality but you wouldn't go digging a hole in em, I think your pickin up wut Im puttin down.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Aside from my boot problems, my Gustin order was fully funded. Now gotta wait till they make em. Hope I don't drop dead til then.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Speaking of what, i saw this new Fred Perry polo at their shop, i never had one in this colour. Pretty nice imho.

FP brown.JPG

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Lacoste polo in a similar colour.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Guys, the Chelsea (style) boots challenge is still running for a couple of days, keep the entries coming !

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife got me this cool hat from the RL outlet
View attachment 1800975

I'm a bit of a RL fan Mike, I think the slim fit poplin cotton shirts are some of the best off the rack items available, they fit me like a glove (at least when I'm in shape). I've got loads, looking for a bargain on the Short sleeve navy Madras version this summer. If I want to go preppy Ralph is my first port of call 👍

(Except Polo Shirts where I buy Paul Smith who never gets a mention on SF)

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a RL fan Mike, I think the slim fit poplin cotton shirts are some of the best off the rack items available, they fit me like a glove (at least when I'm in shape). I've got loads, looking for a bargain on the Short sleeve navy Madras version this summer. If I want to go preppy Ralph is my first port of call 👍

(Except Polo Shirts where I buy Paul Smith who never gets a mention on SF)
I haven't seen those Madras Polos yet, sound awesome. I've been leaning to a more East Coast US vibe from a bit of UK casual style. Haven't tried Paul Smith yet, are they a slim fit too?

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen those Madras Polos yet, sound awesome. I've been leaning to a more East Coast US vibe from a bit of UK casual style. Haven't tried Paul Smith yet, are they a slim fit too?

Paul Smith do regular and slim, they have some cool "Mod inspired" stuff, always a bit left field and very English and sometimes expensive but worth a browse if you want something different, but he gets it!!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Guys, please remember this thread is not « Mod to Suedehead », we don’t mention subcultures here (and now), there is a thread for that.
Speaking of RL I really hate their logo, too bad as some of their stuff, like your Madras cap Mike, is really nice. I’ve got a couple of old shirts from them, some without logo (FFS).

I also like some Paul Smith items, ie I wear Paul Smith jeans on my picture with the Carvil boots on the last Challenge. They are very well cut, more « couture » than regular jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads