• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
What about a linen Valstarino then ?

Linen.jpeg

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Hoggs of Fife Veldtschoen shoes in Zug leather. I had no problems breaking them in. They were comfortable from the start. I do notice that over the years the dark colour fades in some areas to a reddish undertone.
I have the Hoggs of Fife Rhannoch,made by Cheaney they are grain I think Zug they are really comfortable too.

xeoniq

Reaction score
A little bit smart take on my usual. Everything is technical materials, plenty of stretch and weather resistance. Had a tank top under the nylon button up and was still able to gym in the pants after taking the outer and shirt off. Thought it would fit in here. I like the subtlety of the "modern" details and practicality of the performance fabrics without looking too much like its gymwear/athleisure.

rosenxcm.jpg

xeoniq

Reaction score
That's really good @xeoniq ! Deets on the jacket ?

My partner had it made it for me from her brand; it's a ROSEN-X Aeon jacket. It is made from a 3-layer membrane like Gore-Tex but the face fabric is cotton rather than nylon. I like it because it has a boxy, tapered silhouette like a bomber but isn't insulated and the rigidity of the textile lets it keep its volume without draping. As much as I like insulated bombers, I can't wear them much here in a sub-tropical climate.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pandemic limited my purchases for a year. The good thing is that I want for a while to buy only needed or quality items at sales prices. It is the case with the three items I bought since last year.
As the shops are closed here, it limited the impulse buys !

On another subject, what are your views on white jeans? I like them and « needed » a pair, so I ordered one online.
They are classic in France and Italy (I think @Luigi_M ?) for spring/summer.
I red a Brit article that made me discover that they are not very well considered in UK, I find this quite surprising as usually I find the Brits have rather bold and eccentric tastes, so white jeans seemed innocent...
White jeans were a thing in Italy when I was about 20/30, so some time ago ...
Anyway I still like them, True, they need to be washed every second wear, but my generation used to wash jeans often, since we pursued a faded and used look - the contrary of what happens now.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Clouseau I commend your style, in putting soccer as the last among taboo arguments.
In Italy this would be the one and only likely to raise fratricidal fights - on every other argument Italians manage to get an agreement ...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pvt White VC linen jacket out in search of a cocktail.

69D571DA-1EE2-4DE5-8B6B-9FFC66E7FA8C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads