• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went full CM with d'Avenza on a rainy day this week.
IMG_2158.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking out to dinner with wifey tonight in Blue Blue Japan, Canali, and C&J loafers.

IMG_2170.jpg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is very nice Luigi, but I think it would look better with trousers of a fuller cut.
I often find your trousers a bit too slim, now this is a matter of personal preference.
The pattern is great.
Thank you Inspector! You are right about a fuller cut for my trousers. Fact is, I'm still wearing many suits I bought some years ago, when I still had to accept the fact that I'm no more a beautiful slim young guy, but rather a stodgy old fart ...
Anyway my more recent acquisitions lean towards a comfortable cut, like the suit I'm wearing today (I already posted it on another thread before, but still).
Hackett navy pinstripe with Carlos Santos captoe boots (as the weather requires a rainproof footgear).
Not the perfect match, but still better than a brogue.
20210329_122227-1.jpg 20210329_122251-1.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Two days left to post an entry in the leather jacket (not suede) Friday Challenge.
Paging @cerneabbas, @Riva, @Botolph, @Yorky, @Man-of-Mystery, @An Acute Style , @JohnAAG, @FrankCowperwood, @xeoniq, among others but everyone is welcome.
It has to be a recent picture from 2021.
More than 20 entries so far...

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out for dinner last night and broke out some linen Rota pants I hadn't yet had a chance to wear. Cricket is looking out the window and pointing out my pasty ankles. She recommends I get some sun.

IMG_2223.jpg IMG_2219.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Je suis desolé, Gilles - pas d'occasion!

[In both senses of "d'occasion," LOL]
Next time Paul!

The poll is up Guys, up to 5 votes possible.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hi Guys...
So how are you all these days ?
We are under a semi-lockdown situation here in France...
The shops are closed...
not the best days for #menswear !...

xeoniq

Reaction score
That sucks. We had a state-wide mask mandate inside shopping centres/offices for the first time ever because of a few cases in a nearby city, but no other restrictions. Suits me, I always wear a bandanna over my face for sun protection because we have very little ozone layer here, so I can get away with looking like a bandit indoors now too.

Taking a trip on a plane for the first time in a year tomorrow; it's been fun packing for that somehow.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First wear for Inis Meain linen sweater. Paired with LBM 1911 pants and black C&J loafers.

A2A8E553-8508-4BF1-9EC3-173FDD9E825A.jpeg

Last edited:

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a trip on a plane for the first time in a year tomorrow; it's been fun packing for that somehow.
It must be fun playing "which state will close whilst I'm across the border" roulette especially given Palaszczuk's antics in the last year!

Having flown across the Oz border twice last year, the airports have become truly unique and I think you should pack a camera and if you can, a photographer. Familiar places turned utterly alien a la 28 Days Later. The machinery of the world for moving millions of bodies a day, suddenly almost entirely unusued. This is your moment!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Kingstonian recently asked about a communard style. I passed by the Paris town hall a moment ago, and there is an outside exhibition (the inside one is closed because of the semi lockdown) showing drawings of the well know historical figures of the Commune de Paris. (Among them i noticed the young poet Rimbaud and the photographer Nadar)
02F6DDC9-BDE7-4EDC-8EEA-6677BF2F6121.jpeg

E2A93DFD-39C2-4334-A9ED-B4CF00C7352B.jpeg

Edit : an interesting article and a (possibly) rare picture of Rimbaud during the Commune:

Last edited:

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kingstonian recently asked about a communard style. I passed by the Paris town hall a moment ago, and there is an outside exhibition (the inside one is closed because of the semi lockdown) showing drawings of the well know historical figures of the Commune de Paris. (Among them i noticed the young poet Rimbaud and the photographer Nadar)
View attachment 1590152
View attachment 1590153

Edit : an interesting article and a (possibly) rare picture of Rimbaud during the Commune:
Rimbaud's mythologising conveniently forgets amply available material such as his letters whilst weapons trafficking in Africa that paint a different man perhaps closer to the Russian idea of лишний человек (superfluous man), which society enjoys reading about but does not wish the youth to imitate, whilst rebels prefer to pass on the repeated transgressions to group morals for selfish ends and focus on the révolte. But there is truth in it: of he had been more aware of and willing to bend to special interest, like Malraux the temple plunderer, he could have done much better for himself.

xeoniq

Reaction score
It must be fun playing "which state will close whilst I'm across the border" roulette especially given Palaszczuk's antics in the last year!

Having flown across the Oz border twice last year, the airports have become truly unique and I think you should pack a camera and if you can, a photographer. Familiar places turned utterly alien a la 28 Days Later. The machinery of the world for moving millions of bodies a day, suddenly almost entirely unusued. This is your moment!

Somehow it was busy as ever in Sydney airport. I did notice all the obnoxious billboards and outdoor advertising that had always plagued the roadways leading into the airport were all empty or torn down though. Their absence was noticed but welcomed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads