• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I agree. Not what I prefer. The collar with peaked lapels on the classic EG « Bedford » blazer is much better.

Byrone

Reaction score
Bedford.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
So what's happening here and now ?

HERE we are not under a new lockdown (yet?), but we have to keep social distancing of course, and we tend to dress casually a lot.

I think this virus situation is stabbing the CM look to death...

I didn't wear a suit or even a jacket/trousers combo for a long time. What's the need really ?

NOW we like to dress SW&D or CM casual, but the idea is still to stand out from the crowd so... Japanese high end denim, Chinos, or repro jackets (they have two dedicated threads on SF now, Gerry's Buzz jacket is a good example, or Botolph's McCoy's MA-1); quality shoes as always, nice shirts and expensive knitwear ?...

Thoughts ?

xeoniq

Reaction score
People always have dressed extremely casually here; no lock down or restrictions whatsoever. When I decide to drive instead of cycle or have a social outing I still like wearing a casual suit or just a short sleeve button up and slacks. Otherwise, I'm wearing something practical and lightweight with a good range of motion so I can cycle and gym between sedentary work sessions.

I ordered a bunch of Alk Phenix stuff to try out. I always have liked their unpretentious marketing and a realistic depiction of the clothing being used in urban environments. I had handled the gear in Tokyo a few years ago but wasn't impressed due to how little rigidity it had and it draped on the body like Uniqlo Airism underwear, even the jackets.. Some new releases came out though, so I thought it would be fun to try them out to see if things had changed.

Not really a great fit pic but enjoyed wearing this Issey Miyake and Prada Sport combo the other night in Brisbane. All the pieces I wore were ultra light but they don't come off as "gym wear" imo.

brisstory1.jpg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's happening here and now ?

HERE we are not under a new lockdown (yet?), but we have to keep social distancing of course, and we tend to dress casually a lot.

I think this virus situation is stabbing the CM look to death...
Well, here the new UBS office has opened and I was cycling through the lobby during the lunch break. It was great seeing tons of tailoring (and people keeping in shape, therefore wearing it well). Banks will be banks! What is truly dead (here and now, at least) is the tie.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Well, here the new UBS office has opened and I was cycling through the lobby during the lunch break. It was great seeing tons of tailoring (and people keeping in shape, therefore wearing it well). Banks will be banks! What is truly dead (here and now, at least) is the tie.
You live in a business city with a post-colonial business environment. Truly not representative imho...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
In normal time i would have entered the Tweed Challenge, i have got all the right gear, but i don't even have the courage to put a tie these days !

I think i definitely fell to the SW&D side of the force... ?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is super nice but I would like to see you with a leather jacket, jeans, boots.
You have a rock’n’roll vibe old boy I am pretty sure!
I used to wear a leather bomber in college but nothing afterwards for the most part. Had a smashing Zegna suede jacket but never wore it and gave it to my son.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being in Verona's Court today.
It's hosted in the ancient Austriac barracks, and the building truly conveys a feel of menacing, vicious harshness: therefore very well suited to a place where the poor man walks in without knowing how - and if - he'll come out.
20210302_123347.jpg
20210302_123428.jpg
20210302_123746.jpg
20210302_124008.jpg
... and this is yours truly, hoping that at least he will leave safely ...
20210302_124632.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wandering off to dinner with wifey breaking in new Zegna Elements light jacket. Amazing what they do with wool. Same Luca Faloni sweater I wore earlier. (yes, was wearing mask but pulled it off for pic). :bigstar:

IMG_2068.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics