• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Clouseau I have a pair of 21oz Naked and Famous jeans I've been trying to break in for last 3 years! They still feel like I'm wearing PVC pipes on my legs ?

Good luck and get ready for some chaffing!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Clouseau I have a pair of 21oz Naked and Famous jeans I've been trying to break in for last 3 years! They still feel like I'm wearing PVC pipes on my legs ?

Man i’m just back from a little walk. I felt like Robocop...

8BE94487-BE30-4B35-8630-FB1359B7195D.jpeg

Byrone

Reaction score
Well i am wearing them for a couple of days now, and i am getting used to them.
They are beginning to soften...a little bit.
Do you intend to wear them a long time before first wash ? I usually do that. They develop natural wear and fading. Take pictures of their evolution if that's your intention !

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The uniqlo airism polos are back in stock! I'm not entirely sure they are the same though. The cut seems more fitted, particularly short sleeve, and the material more polyester-y - but that could just be the newness factor. The original still feels like (a light, slightly scratchy) cotton even after multiple washes.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found the difference - the new ones are Made in China and the old ones in Bangladesh. It is indeed a different SKU if only on the basis of the factory.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Do you intend to wear them a long time before first wash ? I usually do that. They develop natural wear and fading. Take pictures of their evolution if that's your intention !
Well i am not too fan of the distressed look, but yes i always wear new jeans a couple of months before the first wash.
I will post pictures !
They are quite comfy, no chaffing so far @JohnAAG !

Byrone

Reaction score
Well i am not too fan of the distressed look, but yes i always wear new jeans a couple of months before the first wash.
I will post pictures !
They are quite comfy, no chaffing so far @JohnAAG !
Apparently not the fad anymore. I recently red that most denimheads don't wear new jeans more than one month before first wash now.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

The 21oz Lees 101z after 10 days of wear. The breaking in process goes on rather well...
LEE 21oz Day 10.jpg

A detail i like is the almost tonal stitching of the arcuates.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
For those of you who are interested in "Harrington"/G9/Golf jackets (thinking @cerneabbas, @Botolph, @am55, @Swampster, among others) there is a new offering by Fred Perry that i saw "in the flesh" this afternoon in their Parisian flagship store. So what's new ? It's in cotton twill, while usually their Harringtons are in polycotton. I saw the "Port" colour version (BTW looks more like a maroon IRL that the dark red of the pictures), the material is really thick quality cotton, the lining is in a green tartan (something new for the brand too), but without tartan on the lapels.

FPT1.jpeg

FPT2.jpeg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Byrone , Caruso clothing is really nice and well made (My suit is canvassed) maybe a little 'Italian' i.e. slim, but not in a offending way.
I found mine on ebay, new with tags, for a mere € 200 two years ago.
If you search on ebay.it for 'abito uomo Caruso' you might still find some good deals. If you are of normal build I'd say you better size up. My suit is an EU52, that's my usual size, but I myself was on the thinner side and could use an EU54 now that I've gained some bulk ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads