• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Do your shops allow you to try things on? Most places I have been to here don’t let me. I have bought things, taken them to the car park to try them and returned them if they dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhgJn41Q4YIon’t fit.
Not trousers though :)
Well I only went to two shops since Saturday and yes they do, but you have to queue as they don't allow as many people as usual in the fitting rooms.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Bomber looks cool in your shot, Clouseau. Might grab it if it comes out here in a few months in that colour.
It is the most interesting color indeed. If you get one, you should go one size down, it is really oversized.
I tried one and sized down, the fit was quite good.

U+J.jpg

xeoniq

Reaction score
Yea, I don't care for black bombers much these days and have a few already anyway.

Took a "fit pic" for the first time in ages that was full and not just a portrait.

cpcfit2.jpg

This is what I typically wear, in answer to your post a few pages ago about personal style: a pair of lightweight sneakerboots, quick dry, breathable nylon pants, a tank top, my waterproof bag with work gear in it, and then a light jacket packed away. I can be active in this for gym or calisthenics, it's comfortable to commute and then I have a jacket when I need it stowed away easily. I don't usually wear black jackets, because I don't care for the all black look as much anymore and I think pants and boots being black is ideal because they get stained and marked up a lot otherwise. But this C.P. Company jacket is one of my favourite pieces and I've hung on to it despite trying to get rid of other black outers.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yea, I don't care for black bombers much these days and have a few already anyway.

Took a "fit pic" for the first time in ages that was full and not just a portrait.

View attachment 1508438

This is what I typically wear, in answer to your post a few pages ago about personal style: a pair of lightweight sneakerboots, quick dry, breathable nylon pants, a tank top, my waterproof bag with work gear in it, and then a light jacket packed away. I can be active in this for gym or calisthenics, it's comfortable to commute and then I have a jacket when I need it stowed away easily. I don't usually wear black jackets, because I don't care for the all black look as much anymore and I think pants and boots being black is ideal because they get stained and marked up a lot otherwise. But this C.P. Company jacket is one of my favourite pieces and I've hung on to it despite trying to get rid of other black outers.
Great introduction Xeoniq, good to have you around my friend.
I used to have a Black Alpha Bomber that i kept for ages, but i wouldn't wear one now, it's a bit too "bouncer" to my liking.
I dressed in black a lot in the 90s, kind of an uniform at that time for different reasons, i still do it from time to time, but i also like a hint of colour, even if my outfits are never very bold...

;)

Byrone

Reaction score

View attachment 1508438

I dig CP ! Are you into Stone Island too ?

xeoniq

Reaction score
Older stuff, yea. But the current hypebeast direction of the brand and has meant a lot of the good vintage pieces became very high priced as well. I have a handful of jackets still from them but probably wouldn't ever buy again and will eventually sell what I've got. I won't be getting rid of my C.P. Company shearling, fleece bomber and that jacket above though. They all have some x factor that none of my Stone Island pieces have.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's interesting. I've been wanting to wear more black and got myself a black bomber in the recent Black Friday sales. I don't know if I would/could do an all black outfit but your fits always look great. What kind of footwear do you usually wear wiht black pants?

xeoniq

Reaction score
That's interesting. I've been wanting to wear more black and got myself a black bomber in the recent Black Friday sales. I don't know if I would/could do an all black outfit but your fits always look great. What kind of footwear do you usually wear wiht black pants?

75% of the time a black sneakerboot like the Danner Tachyon or the Nike SFB. The law enforcement and Gore-tex versions are too glossy to be casual and not breathable enough for warm weather to be comfortable (relative to a sneaker). But there are "quick dry" matte black versions that when you tuck the shaft under your pants leg have a very minimal look. I like these quick dry sneakerboots because they can be aggressive when worn with cropped pants, sedate and casual when the pants are over the shaft, and you can cycle, gym, and commute on foot easily in them just like a sneaker. The average sneaker these days is so loud, gaudy and bulky to be eye catching as a product that I don't find the vast majority wearable casually anymore so these sneakerboots are a more versatile option as a one shoe for all contexts compromise.

e635e8fa42a4c87d5bd5c76495b64c142cc8c039.jpg

My friend has the glossier law enforcement Danner Tachyons with a pair of Stone Island cargos that were aggressively tapered by a tailor. Mine are the matte quick dry version, which are also the cheaper to get of the different versions out there.

tumblr_pov9qn7PYc1uzoyguo2_1280.jpg

These are Nike SFBs worn under black cotton spandex Nike SB chinos.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big S.I. and C.P. co fan here. I go for more of the outlandishly-colored jackets from both, especially the pre-2000 S.I. stuff. Digging even some of the newer Ghost Piece stuff and some newer C.P. stuff— but the goggle on every item is a bit much.

xeoniq

Reaction score
Yea, new C.P. Company's use of the goggle as a emblem is pretty bad. There are still a few solid made pieces from them every now and then. I tried this resin-coated MBS jacket on in their Shanghai flagship store last year and was very impressed with the construction, the material treatment and the feel of it. Unlike a lot of flimsier Stone Island pieces that was $700+ retail for a cotton blend shacket, the MBS felt like a proper, substantial piece. Again, shame about the non-functional goggle on the sleeve (I am ambivalent to the goggles on the hood; would never use them but they aren't as stupid as putting them on in random spots as a logo).

70201030_2429831730428309_9204809892576100352_o.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It’s difficult to notice much when everything is black. So I suppose it depends if you are buying more for comfort, or appearance, or both?
Well it happens that on that picture i wear those black items all together, but i also wear them all with other clothes, they are all pretty versatile (and comfy)... apart maybe the boots that TBH i have for a lot of time and don't wear often (to say the least).

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, new C.P. Company's use of the goggle as a emblem is pretty bad. There are still a few solid made pieces from them every now and then. I tried this resin-coated MBS jacket on in their Shanghai flagship store last year and was very impressed with the construction, the material treatment and the feel of it. Unlike a lot of flimsier Stone Island pieces that was $700+ retail for a cotton blend shacket, the MBS felt like a proper, substantial piece. Again, shame about the non-functional goggle on the sleeve (I am ambivalent to the goggles on the hood; would never use them but they aren't as stupid as putting them on in random spots as a logo).

70201030_2429831730428309_9204809892576100352_o.jpg

I’m fine with the Mille Miglia coats and the hood goggles(and watchviewer); I have a few Mille jackets from the early ‘90s through the more modern iterations, such as the 20-year Tinto Terro Gore-tex collab with Aitor Throup (which is probably THE single most incredible piece of clothing that I own). It’s just they stick a goggle on their bags and shirts with zero purpose.
I still buy some pieces even with the ubiquitous “goggle”, but long for the days when CP wasn’t as obvious with their branding. With some exceptions, their clothes ARE still pretty incredible and well-thought out.
D54C313B-72BC-45CE-8D60-65A02A9BDF48.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads