• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if somebody in this thread has experience with the Cheaney "200 last" in terms of fitting, particularly with the Dorking II Penny loafer. They are built with a "coaching calf leather" and I wonder if that is a rectified kind of leather, that I might avoid as a possible deal-breaker.

cheaney-dorking-ii-r-penny-loafer-in-burgundy-coaching-calf-leather-p1059-7310_medium.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I don't have many pics of my Cordings 3b blazer, but i like the lapels, not too big, and no big flare at the waist (even when the jacket is buttoned.
The Shetland is lovely. I know @cerneabbas has got one too, and i think @Botolph.

Jeans:jacket .jpg

@Mercurio i don't know about those loafers, but i am always rather impressed with the quality of the leather of Cheaney shoes.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have many pics of my Cordings 3b blazer, but i like the lapels, not too big, and no big flare at the waist (even when the jacket is buttoned.
The Shetland is lovely. I know @cerneabbas has got one too, and i think @Botolph.

View attachment 1489872

@Mercurio i don't know about those loafers, but i am always rather impressed with the quality of the leather of Cheaney shoes.

Yes G, I have the blue Sheltland jacket. Nice cut and lovely fabric.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never went for one of those— I don’t like the peak lapels on such a casual jacket, but to each his own(I got married in a peak lapel blue blazer so go figure). I dig a lot of EG’s stuff though, especially their collaboration with Barbour(the Warby overhead smock is great) and their Workday line.

Attachments

• 1328168B-E25E-4B3E-BCBC-8891B6F7CF30.jpeg
    1328168B-E25E-4B3E-BCBC-8891B6F7CF30.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 26

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
A very "Here & Now" item, direct from Japan (but i think they are now available in Europe and USA too)

Uniqlo Airism.jpg

Uniqlo Airism Face masks. They are washable, but have an inner material supposed to offer an excellent protection.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Sold out here in large black....
I need to get something more breatheable.
Actually those are the first breathable washable ones that I try.
I still prefer the disposable ones though.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold out here in large black....
I need to get something more breatheable.

Been looking on Etsy... there are some dealers selling linen masks. Seems to be on of the most breathable fabrics for masks. When wearing a mask for more than a half hour or so, although it isn’t hypercapnia, my lungs feel like they’re being filled with clay. I cough up mucus, etc., for a good hour afterwards.
I’ve found that these linen masks allow enough airflow without letting the dreaded “droplets” escape.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also find that i get quite out of breath when I have to go up several flights of stairs,and I dont know if its a coincidence but I seem to be getting headaches a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads