• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double the C&J price and then some.

Even their factory shop/sale prices are high now.
£1265 !...beautiful boots but would anyone wear them for walking in the countryside ? imagine first time out and scratching the toe cap on a stone...

tbrock

Reaction score
That's why I bought the identical (in look) Meermin knockoffs. And I actually do wear them as a rough country boot now. They cost more than my Solovair! Shocking.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
That's why I bought the identical (in look) Meermin knockoffs. And I actually do wear them as a rough country boot now. They cost more than my Solovair! Shocking.
Solovair is a good brand, with many styles. So far i only had two pairs of Fringe Tassel loafers from them.

First ones were Burgundy
Solovair Burgundy.jpg

And now i have them in Navy
Solovair navy.jpg
This picture was taken the day i bought them a couple of years ago. They are still in mint condition.

emptym

Reaction score
I'd been meaning to post a pic to go with a post I made back (holy!) in June. But since March, I've been work -- and pretty much everything else -- from home. The few times I've gone out, it's mostly been in old Levis jeans, older US-made Russell sweatshirts, unlined Alden LHS's, or Vans. As I mentioned then, it's pretty plain, and contemporary enough, but swap the Aldens for Bean camp mocs, a hat or two, and this has been me since in the 80s.:
IMG_8844.jpeg

The green sweatshirt above is a Land's End Serious Sweat. I may get another in gray. In the 90s, I had a great coral pink Life is Good sweatshirt with just a small logo embroidered on the chest. I thought I'd left it at my parent's house, but I couldn't find it there. Must have given to a brother or former girlfriend.

@JohnAAG and @Oneflewover, I'm with you guys on the preference for harringtons with self cuffs rather than knit cuffs. Luxire made me a nice red one that was inspired by James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause. It's made of Epic by Nextec and has a two-way front zip and pit zips for ventilation while bike riding. And for travel, it has a large inner pocket for a book and a small zippered pocket for change, etc.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Halloween!
PXL_20201031_214147381.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~3.jpg

Out trick or treating with the family.

Been a loooong time since I wore a suit and proper dress shoes. A black suit and tie may have been more appropriate, but I went with a dark grey pick and pick and a dark navy garza grossa tie in honor or Sir Sean Connery.

Best part of the night: a little girl ran up to me and yelled "COCO!!!"

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't look at the trousers (awful colour match) and at the sleeves (needing to be lenghtened).
Just wanted to show why I like vintage DAKS clothing : their jackets are the only rtw that don't badly flare at the waist without any alteration.
20201102_120007.jpg
EDIT : I was meaning 'hips' ...

Last edited:

tbrock

Reaction score
Solovair is a good brand, with many styles. So far i only had two pairs of Fringe Tassel loafers from them.

First ones were Burgundy
View attachment 1487730

And now i have them in Navy
View attachment 1487732
This picture was taken the day i bought them a couple of years ago. They are still in mint condition.

Those are really smart. Wasn't aware they made loafers but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. The boots were my first pair from them, as they were my first thought for MiE 'urban' boots that weren't sleek.

Would buy from them again. I think they offer good value for money.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't look at the trousers (awful colour match) and at the sleeves (needing to be lenghtened).
Just wanted to show why I like vintage DAKS clothing : their jackets are the only rtw that don't badly flare at the waist without any alteration.
View attachment 1488845
EDIT : I was meaning 'hips' ...
Nice jacket,it looks a good fit, I also like DAKS but some of their jackets that you see on Ebay have huge lapels...

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket,it looks a good fit, I also like DAKS but some of their jackets that you see on Ebay have huge lapels...
Glad you like it.
The lapels are exactly the kind I like: with no bow of any kind, but a single straight (or uniformly curved) line, running through all the front of the jacket.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it.
The lapels are exactly the kind I like: with no bow of any kind, but a single straight (or uniformly curved) line, running through all the front of the jacket.
Yes,the lapels on the 3 button jackets are good, its the 2 button ones that sometimes look too big....my ideas have changed since 1973 when my lapels were ridiculous and I thought that Dirty Harry was a bit of an icon...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads