• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Loake 1880 Legacy...I am guessing this is a bit higher quality than the 1880 range,the leather is better than the Royals.
I like the colour (Conker) and the shape....
Yes the join is there,tbh the join never bothered me,it would if it was on the outer side of the shoe but on the inside its not really noticeable when the shoes being worn.

Byrone

Reaction score
I will assume that is a modern compliment.

They look the more upmarket than Royals . Nice colour. Do they have the little join on the inside? (We may have discussed this before.
I will Keep you updated Old boy. :wink:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
They are Loake 1880 Legacy...I am guessing this is a bit higher quality than the 1880 range,the leather is better than the Royals.
I like the colour (Conker) and the shape....
Yes the join is there,tbh the join never bothered me,it would if it was on the outer side of the shoe but on the inside its not really noticeable when the shoes being worn.
The join doesnt bother me either on my Loake Royals.
I much prefer M.i.E brogues with a join than M.i.India (sweatshop) brogues without join.

Last edited:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M.i.E. brogues without join (Cheaney Addison)
20200917_202620.jpg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for the appreciation.
@Clouseau , yes, they are in chromexcel.
It's the first time I own shoes in that material and I'm aware that it's more rugged than calf and does not take a great shine. Yet, the shoes were on sale on Cheaney's site and the price was too good to pass.
Any hint about mainteinance?

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1600426208251.png

Just arrived this morning...
Bought from Ebay new (as in never been worn) I think that they might be quite old.
I think that they might have been made by Sanders but I am not sure,they look similar to the Sanders Salisbury but without the metal eyelets...funny thing is that I was going to buy a pair of Sanders Salisbury a while back but the metal eyelets put me off.
Itshide Commando sole.
Made in England.
I got them for £42 including delivery, I consider that a bargain.

Byrone

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for the appreciation.
@Clouseau , yes, they are in chromexcel.
It's the first time I own shoes in that material and I'm aware that it's more rugged than calf and does not take a great shine. Yet, the shoes were on sale on Cheaney's site and the price was too good to pass.
Any hint about mainteinance?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me, Sid Mashburn, Canali, Isaia and C&J did our civic duty today. Early voting rocks!!!

F5147416-14E8-42A1-B164-94ED987B45EC.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads