• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 LS polos from Lands End in one of their offers,£27 each,which imo is a really good price.
I have several of these polos and the material is really nice,Pima cotton,very soft.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 LS polos from Lands End in one of their offers,£27 each,which imo is a really good price.
I have several of these polos and the material is really nice,Pima cotton,very soft.
Agreed. I have a couple of long sleeve ones. Collars hold their shape and the material is classier/dressier than pique.

Swampster

Reaction score
First day out for the Cheaney Teigns since the lockdown.
An F fitting but a great fit for me. IMG_0459[1].JPG

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day out for the Cheaney Teigns since the lockdown.
An F fitting but a great fit for me. View attachment 1456564
I have a pair of Hoggs of Fife Roxburgh that are similar but Veldtschoen construction and Zug leather. In damper weather they are a default choice. Comfortable and waterproof, though the Zug has reddish undertones that come through over the years with wear and scuffs.

I tried a Cheaney Pennine boot, also in Veldtschoen construction, but I did not get on with nine holes and short laces. Boot did not suit a high instep. I switched the laces out for lock laces - but a seven hole boot with a fuller fit would have been better.

Swampster

Reaction score
I have a pair of Hoggs of Fife Roxburgh that are similar but Veldtschoen construction and Zug leather. In damper weather they are a default choice. Comfortable and waterproof, though the Zug has reddish undertones that come through over the years with wear and scuffs.

I tried a Cheaney Pennine boot, also in Veldtschoen construction, but I did not get on with nine holes and short laces. Boot did not suit a high instep. I switched the laces out for lock laces - but a seven hole boot with a fuller fit would have been better.
I have a high instep and I think this is why the last of these fits me, even though it is an F. The description mentions the high instep. They are also made for wearing with thicker socks, so it gives a bit more room.

I think Cheaney have replaced the Teign II with the Veldtschoen Cairngorm which is pretty similar. I think that is why I got my Teigns from the factory shop a couple of years ago for a good price.

I have some Ilkley Trickers with Zug leather. They aren't old enough to have developed any patina yet. They have a leather sole rather than the more usual commando sole.
How do you treat the Zug? I've only used clear polish on mine and haven't tried to get a high shine.

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a high instep and I think this is why the last of these fits me, even though it is an F. The description mentions the high instep. They are also made for wearing with thicker socks, so it gives a bit more room.

I think Cheaney have replaced the Teign II with the Veldtschoen Cairngorm which is pretty similar. I think that is why I got my Teigns from the factory shop a couple of years ago for a good price.

I have some Ilkley Trickers with Zug leather. They aren't old enough to have developed any patina yet. They have a leather sole rather than the more usual commando sole.
How do you treat the Zug? I've only used clear polish on mine and haven't tried to get a high shine.
Just brown polish. I do have Dubbin which I apply as well -especially around the welt.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying on a few new acquisitions. Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Loro Piana linen jacket. They had a very deep sale and this was seriously marked down. Gave my son the Private White VC linen jacket I bought a few months ago.

IMG_1182.jpg

Grabbed this amazing Ikiji Japanese sweater from No Man Walks Alone. Just starting to get cool here and I might actually be able to wear it outside in a week or so.

IMG_1184.jpg

Byrone

Reaction score
I did think Orslow when i tried them on, because of the thick cotton material with a discreet sheen, but for the cut and detailing i thought more of their "fatigues" than of the "Painter pants" ? Now TBH i've seen Orslow's "fatigues" in the flesh, but not the "painter pants". But a thing is sure, those Uniqlos are really nice stuff for the price.
Just seen them. Yeah more like the OrSlow fatigue pants.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This selfie is even worse :-D, but i just put a shirt to please my fan.
I dig the high button stance of this "hard mod" 3b jacket, thoughts?

View attachment 1459435
Mon cher you know very well that once the Zeitgeist has moved on it is best to disguise the influences a little bit... as Lise said to open War and Peace, "mon Dieu, mon Dieu..."

Talking of here and now, another thread brought up Brave New World. I did not want too much diversion there but is it not quite something that most of what Huxley feared has come to pass? I am not sure about calling it dystopian though, I suppose depending on one's religious and political beliefs it could still be the case, and of course the technical details are always wrong.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually practice the "three roll two" version, but I like the "hard three" a lot.
It takes a tall and slim guy to pull it out properly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads