• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Swampster

Reaction score
I thought I was going to be able to get some Lee jeans yesterday but I have dropped a size - of course they had plenty in my old size but none in my current.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I thought I was going to be able to get some Lee jeans yesterday but I have dropped a size - of course they had plenty in my old size but none in my current.
At the Lee flagship store where i bought my shirt, they give a Lee Face Mask in blue jeans material and with a cotton lining, with a Buddy Lee logo, if you buy a pair of jeans.
Quite funny (or rather good marketing).

Swampster

Reaction score
FP had Harringtons marked down but I don't think they were MiE.
When I said FP I was talking BS. Literally - it was the Ben Sherman shop that I went to. I can only plead my age, your honour.

Bought one of the asymmetric stripe polos - always liked that style - and a button down gingham shirt with a more traditional collar than usual.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Poor quality, but i think selfies are just perfect in the here and now context. Taken 5 mins ago.

Lee 2.jpg
Lee
Paul Smith
Bass Weejun

Byrone

Reaction score

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re definitely tailored fit. I’d say the hem is tapered to around 8” tops. I typically like my chinos a little looser but these look pukka with a crease as they are trim, not skinny. Rise is middle of the road.
I can take some measurements if you’d like. I wear a 34x29 +/- 1”
1594837483693.png

These are some John Lewis tailored fit Chinos from last year,how does this measurement compare with the Cordings Chinos ?

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1594837933752.png

This is a Lands End short sleeve Madras from 5 or 6 years ago,I have 4 of them in different colours and they are good Summer shirts and were good value,these were made in Sri Lanka,sadly I ordered another one a couple of years ago and when it arrived the material was different and it was much shorter (sleeves and body) made in Vietnam or Cambodia I forget which anyway I returned it.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

Swampster

Reaction score
Bought one of the asymmetric stripe polos - always liked that style - and a button down gingham shirt with a more traditional collar than usual.
8243D772-5ABF-4004-8EB3-7D88DD94C87A.jpeg

BS polo. Sorry about the colour balance of the photo - awful overhead light.

Swampster

Reaction score
Talking of ‘rude not to’, I bought my first Baracuta - a blue G9 - which arrived today. It was off eBay and has some fading and a bit of bobbling on the lining but for £12 it has been worth it just for knowing that the size fits. It is certainly in good enough condition to wear - less distressed than the youngsters buy their clothes ?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Talking of ‘rude not to’, I bought my first Baracuta - a blue G9 - which arrived today. It was off eBay and has some fading and a bit of bobbling on the lining but for £12 it has been worth it just for knowing that the size fits. It is certainly in good enough condition to wear - less distressed than the youngsters buy their clothes ?
Bargain!
Picture welcome as always. You know if it is a pre - Lavori (the Italian group that owns Baracuta now)?
If it a 100% cotton outer probably a "Pre".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads