• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a beautiful cashmere and wool single breasted Camel coat. Made in Italy. It's been altered to fit, i've worn it exactly no times.
Lighter cashmere overcoats are definitely a good idea. I have a navy cashmere overcoat from Sartorio. Warm and light.

Byrone

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on CP Company, Stone Island ?
Do they fit in "here and now" ?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I suppose they do. I don't own any of their stuff, but i like some of it.
I think they are brands @Botolph use IMO ?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some Stone Island stuff looks good but is seriously expensive. Their stuff also has big logos which I tend to avoid.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Some Stone Island stuff looks good but is seriously expensive. Their stuff also has big logos which I tend to avoid.
Yes i tend to agree with that. But the logo is usually attached with buttons, so you can take it off.
Some nice items, but i also agree the price is steep.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes i tend to agree with that. But the logo is usually attached with buttons, so you can take it off.
Some nice items, but i also agree the price is steep.
Capture.JPG

I never noticed the buttons! They are on sale at Mr. Porter but still $$$. Super high quality or just faddish?

Swampster

Reaction score
Makes it look a bit paramilitary or Bond villain secret lair guys.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked through the selection at Mr. P. Lots of synthetic fabrics and not very impressive. I suspect folks just like parading around with the Stone Island patch to show that have the coin to afford one?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
View attachment 1416213

I never noticed the buttons! They are on sale at Mr. Porter but still $$$. Super high quality or just faddish?
I looked through the selection at Mr. P. Lots of synthetic fabrics and not very impressive. I suspect folks just like parading around with the Stone Island patch to show that have the coin to afford one?
I would say it really depends of the items.
I went to their Roma shop a few years ago and was quite impressed.
Definitely need @Botolph input.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I usually find the CP company items to be more "discreet" than the Stone Island ones. Except they now stick a lense as logo on their products. I understand it is a reminder of their famous Google Jacket, but it is too much for me.

Swampster

Reaction score
First social outing last night. Suede Cheaney Avon brogues got their second ever wear. F fitting but a very generous last.
Also wore some new jeans from Turnbull and Asser. Not something they are famous for but I got them for a song.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
First social outing last night. Suede Cheaney Avon brogues got their second ever wear. F fitting but a very generous last.
Also wore some new jeans from Turnbull and Asser. Not something they are famous for but I got them for a song.
Sounds nice. No picture ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads