• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HERE AND NOW

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Hoggs of Fife Veldtschoen shoes in Zug leather. I had no problems breaking them in. They were comfortable from the start. I do notice that over the years the dark colour fades in some areas to a reddish undertone.
I have the Hoggs of Fife Rhannoch,made by Cheaney they are grain I think Zug they are really comfortable too.

xeoniq

Reaction score
A little bit smart take on my usual. Everything is technical materials, plenty of stretch and weather resistance. Had a tank top under the nylon button up and was still able to gym in the pants after taking the outer and shirt off. Thought it would fit in here. I like the subtlety of the "modern" details and practicality of the performance fabrics without looking too much like its gymwear/athleisure.

rosenxcm.jpg

xeoniq

Reaction score
That's really good @xeoniq ! Deets on the jacket ?
My partner had it made it for me from her brand; it's a ROSEN-X Aeon jacket. It is made from a 3-layer membrane like Gore-Tex but the face fabric is cotton rather than nylon. I like it because it has a boxy, tapered silhouette like a bomber but isn't insulated and the rigidity of the textile lets it keep its volume without draping. As much as I like insulated bombers, I can't wear them much here in a sub-tropical climate.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pandemic limited my purchases for a year. The good thing is that I want for a while to buy only needed or quality items at sales prices. It is the case with the three items I bought since last year.
As the shops are closed here, it limited the impulse buys !

On another subject, what are your views on white jeans? I like them and « needed » a pair, so I ordered one online.
They are classic in France and Italy (I think @Luigi_M ?) for spring/summer.
I red a Brit article that made me discover that they are not very well considered in UK, I find this quite surprising as usually I find the Brits have rather bold and eccentric tastes, so white jeans seemed innocent...
White jeans were a thing in Italy when I was about 20/30, so some time ago ...
Anyway I still like them, True, they need to be washed every second wear, but my generation used to wash jeans often, since we pursued a faded and used look - the contrary of what happens now.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Clouseau I commend your style, in putting soccer as the last among taboo arguments.
In Italy this would be the one and only likely to raise fratricidal fights - on every other argument Italians manage to get an agreement ...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy