• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HERE AND NOW

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post-ride Guinness. Not dressed well enough for a clothes pic
... never mind. A Guinness is always an excellent subject for a pic!

@Clouseau ... you are not playing fairly. A bridge on the Seine, the sky at sunset, and then? Are you walking with the Monna Lisa under your arm??

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
... never mind. A Guinness is always an excellent subject for a pic!

@Clouseau ... you are not playing fairly. A bridge on the Seine, the sky at sunset, and then? Are you walking with the Monna Lisa under your arm??
Don't forget i work for the police mon ami, i'm still looking for the Pink Panther...

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why have none of the Frenchmen on this thread ever mentioned this cool magazine to us? J'accuse! (unless of course I missed it).

Last edited:

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why have none of the Frenchmen on this thread every mentioned this cool magazine to us? J'accuse! (unless of course I missed it).

Well it is neither here nor now :p

This may be of interest: http://www.mmdc-art.com/fr/monsieur-revue-des-elegances-des-bonnes-manieres-et-de-tous-ce-interesse-monsieur/ (unfortunately one of the untranslated articles)

MMdC constantly writes about dandyism in 2021 (or whatever you want to call "now") although his last post is a bit too close to the Rake for comfort, especially given his previous strong and unique voice: http://www.mmdc-art.com/en/swann-society-3/

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Why have none of the Frenchmen on this thread every mentioned this cool magazine to us? J'accuse! (unless of course I missed it).

Well we need an American guy to keep us updated !

I just had a glance and noticed some nice looks (and some not that nice !) and spotted two interesting articles.

I also saw an ad for the only Parisian shop that sells Valstarinos (i knew it, but it is a deadly reminder), and this might be bad news for my bank account.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The pandemic limited my purchases for a year. The good thing is that I want for a while to buy only needed or quality items at sales prices. It is the case with the three items I bought since last year.
As the shops are closed here, it limited the impulse buys !

On another subject, what are your views on white jeans? I like them and « needed » a pair, so I ordered one online.
They are classic in France and Italy (I think @Luigi_M ?) for spring/summer.
I red a Brit article that made me discover that they are not very well considered in UK, I find this quite surprising as usually I find the Brits have rather bold and eccentric tastes, so white jeans seemed innocent...

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pandemic limited my purchases for a year. The good thing is that I want for a while to buy only needed or quality items at sales prices. It is the case with the three items I bought since last year.
As the shops are closed here, it limited the impulse buys !

On another subject, what are your views on white jeans? I like them and « needed » a pair, so I ordered one online.
They are classic in France and Italy (I think @Luigi_M ?) for spring/summer.
I red a Brit article that made me discover that they are not very well considered in UK, I find this quite surprising as usually I find the Brits have rather bold and eccentric tastes, so white jeans seemed innocent...
I wear white linen pants in the summer quite often. Very nice when it's hot and sticky out.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, Zegna makes excellent white jeans. They can usually be found on sale at the big department stores here.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a “wheat” colored(light tan, not quite white) pair of Levi 501’s that I will sometimes wear in the summer with a Madras shirt and loafers. Ivy League/80s skinhead chic.
I don’t mind white jeans but they have to be paired with the right gear I guess.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I have a “wheat” colored(light tan, not quite white) pair of Levi 501’s that I will sometimes wear in the summer with a Madras shirt and loafers. Ivy League/80s skinhead chic.
I don’t mind white jeans but they have to be paired with the right gear I guess.
White 501s with boots, FP, and a Trucker were de rigueur here around 1983.
White 501s were my « go to » white jeans, but this time I ordered white Lois for a more (football) casual look.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Red

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 50.0%