• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HERE AND NOW

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Stone Island stuff looks good but is seriously expensive. Their stuff also has big logos which I tend to avoid.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Some Stone Island stuff looks good but is seriously expensive. Their stuff also has big logos which I tend to avoid.
Yes i tend to agree with that. But the logo is usually attached with buttons, so you can take it off.
Some nice items, but i also agree the price is steep.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes i tend to agree with that. But the logo is usually attached with buttons, so you can take it off.
Some nice items, but i also agree the price is steep.
Capture.JPG

I never noticed the buttons! They are on sale at Mr. Porter but still $$$. Super high quality or just faddish?

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked through the selection at Mr. P. Lots of synthetic fabrics and not very impressive. I suspect folks just like parading around with the Stone Island patch to show that have the coin to afford one?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
View attachment 1416213

I never noticed the buttons! They are on sale at Mr. Porter but still $$$. Super high quality or just faddish?
I looked through the selection at Mr. P. Lots of synthetic fabrics and not very impressive. I suspect folks just like parading around with the Stone Island patch to show that have the coin to afford one?
I would say it really depends of the items.
I went to their Roma shop a few years ago and was quite impressed.
Definitely need @Botolph input.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I usually find the CP company items to be more "discreet" than the Stone Island ones. Except they now stick a lense as logo on their products. I understand it is a reminder of their famous Google Jacket, but it is too much for me.

Swampster

Reaction score
First social outing last night. Suede Cheaney Avon brogues got their second ever wear. F fitting but a very generous last.
Also wore some new jeans from Turnbull and Asser. Not something they are famous for but I got them for a song.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
First social outing last night. Suede Cheaney Avon brogues got their second ever wear. F fitting but a very generous last.
Also wore some new jeans from Turnbull and Asser. Not something they are famous for but I got them for a song.
Sounds nice. No picture ?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.