• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Recent finds : A1 style Bomber (not a Valstarino, but really a small Fraction of the price, and real suede), and nubuck/suede brogues with Vibram soles. Sorry for the poor mirror selfie.

FE0B5C20-86A7-41FD-ACC7-45A9F81E84F4.jpeg

701A9210-6544-4D42-B0D5-C73CE01C38DF.jpeg

The Raincoat Challenge is still running, and some great entries by @Gerry Nelson and @xeoniq. I will postpone the deadline a few days for late entries.

Last edited:

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My lad likes Flight Jacket, he had a MA-1 knock-off, and I just bought him an Alpha VF59
Interesting to have seen the course of something like this becoming a classic, the cycles of adoption and rejection, the empty years, the re-emergence free from previous association. What next?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Interesting to have seen the course of something like this becoming a classic, the cycles of adoption and rejection, the empty years, the re-emergence free from previous association. What next?
Couldn’t say better Cov.
To the MA-1 amateurs a small comparison between a contemporary Alpha and the Uniqlo U from a couple of years ago. (@xeoniq had one too)

6ADE5A3E-62E0-4E3A-AE24-9CB67D51AB81.jpeg

i find the material of the UU better quality. Now the slim fitting and the zipper of the Alpha VF59 are best IMO. Cuffs, waistband, and collar are like on the old style ones on the UU (a recent discussion I had with @cerneabbas). Of course the quality of both can’t compare with @Botolph ‘s McCoy, or @Coldsnap ‘s and @Gerry Nelson ‘s Buzz Rickson.
On a side note, just saying but a specific MA-1/L-2 Friday Challenge could be an idea…

i will put later today the poll of the Raincoat Friday Challenge up.

EDIT : Go vote !

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.