• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Herbie Frogg suits

Thecrabbisk

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with the Herbie Frogg MTM suits? 2 for 800 pounds seems like a pretty good deal for an English (hopeful) MTM suit especially with the current exchange rate and VAT cut.

TC11201

Reaction score
I can't help with assessment of quality on the MTM suits (although I the made in Italy OTR suits that I saw about two months ago were decent, but nothing special - average fabrics, somewhat obvious ersatz sartorial elements like heavy-handed pick-stitching, etc., but were fused and rather stiff), but I can say that the service was about as abysmal as I've found anywhere - three men sitting around chatting and not bothering with the pesky customers if at all possible. When they finally got off their rumps to perform their actual tasks, they seemed to decide that the best way to make a sale would be to insult the customers' backgrounds, stereotype their ethnicities (unbelievable until it happened) and condemn their clothing choices (the essence of which was unless you're wearing the exact cuts we have, you're sartorially hopeless - although I imagine that a polysyllabic word like sartorial would have been well beyond the verbal reach of any of the three I interacted with), etc. This, of course, came from three men who looked like they were each trying out for a London gangster flick. Witnessed the same treatment with two separate customers, so walked out immediately. Having braved the wilds of the NY retail scene for over a decade, I have to say that this was about the worst service I've seen - you'd do better at a McDonald's. Maybe it was an anomaly, but I've crossed that shop off my list of London stops forever. Hope this helps in some way.

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Didn't see their shop in Jermyn Street.Have they shut down for good?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40