• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Herbie Frogg suits

Thecrabbisk

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with the Herbie Frogg MTM suits? 2 for 800 pounds seems like a pretty good deal for an English (hopeful) MTM suit especially with the current exchange rate and VAT cut.

TC11201

Reaction score
I can't help with assessment of quality on the MTM suits (although I the made in Italy OTR suits that I saw about two months ago were decent, but nothing special - average fabrics, somewhat obvious ersatz sartorial elements like heavy-handed pick-stitching, etc., but were fused and rather stiff), but I can say that the service was about as abysmal as I've found anywhere - three men sitting around chatting and not bothering with the pesky customers if at all possible. When they finally got off their rumps to perform their actual tasks, they seemed to decide that the best way to make a sale would be to insult the customers' backgrounds, stereotype their ethnicities (unbelievable until it happened) and condemn their clothing choices (the essence of which was unless you're wearing the exact cuts we have, you're sartorially hopeless - although I imagine that a polysyllabic word like sartorial would have been well beyond the verbal reach of any of the three I interacted with), etc. This, of course, came from three men who looked like they were each trying out for a London gangster flick. Witnessed the same treatment with two separate customers, so walked out immediately. Having braved the wilds of the NY retail scene for over a decade, I have to say that this was about the worst service I've seen - you'd do better at a McDonald's. Maybe it was an anomaly, but I've crossed that shop off my list of London stops forever. Hope this helps in some way.

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Didn't see their shop in Jermyn Street.Have they shut down for good?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads