1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Henry Poole & Co vs Drake's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sydneycentric, Feb 25, 2016.

1. sydneycentric

sydneycentric Senior member

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you can comment on the quality of Henry Poole & Co ties available on their online store versus ties from Drake's? I'm wondering if their ties are on par with Drake's?

Cheers!

2. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Go Drake's for ties. Poole is great for tailored clothing, but their ties are so-so.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

They're really quite different styles. Most of Poole's ties (the ones that aren't plain) have woven patterns, often with quite large, colourful motifs. Most of Drake's patterned ties are printed, rather than having the patterns woven.

Most SF members, as a generalisation, tend to prefer printed patterns, rather than woven patterns, as they tend to be a bit more classic and a bit less conspicuous (unless we're talking about the giant, bright pink-and-yellow printed paisley-pattern ties that Polo RL puts out sometimes, of course!).

My problem with Drake's is that a) they're pretty expensive, and b) most of their ties are too narrow for my tastes, being made in widths of 7cm to 8cm, rather than 9cm.

If you're interested in printed silk ties similar to Drake's, there are plenty of other options, most of which are less expensive.

EG Cappelli: Ties, Patrizio Cappelli Store P.Iva 07733880632

Henry Carter: Ties | Henry Carter

Sam Hober (named after the owner, David's, daughter): Luxury Ties & Pocket Squares by Sam Hober

Exquisite Trimmings: Exquisite Trimmings | Accessories | Ties

There are multiple others out there too, of course, including Marinella, Borrelli and RL Polo.

1 person likes this.