• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HENDER SCHEME thread

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
long time admirer of HS, just picked up a pair of the AF1 high (MIP01) from Mr Porter's sale but not sure if I should keep em.

Looking for some size advice. Do these stretch a bit as you break them in? Im around a size EU39/40 (7 in most Adidas, 39 in most Margom soles like the Common Project Resorts, 7 D in Allen Edmond, 40 in FEIT - another natural leather brand).

I got the last pair from Mr P, HS size 2.

Length is fine, but other than that its a little tight - my toes are a bit squished, I could use some more room for the top of my foot too. Im wearing them around the house right now and have it fairly loosely laced to keep them from squeezing me.

If these are going to stretch out a decent bit with wear, ill probably end up fitting into these fine. Or should I try a size 3? I know normally shoe sizing isnt something to mess with, but at $330 w/tax, these are quite the deal.
Based on my experience with HS, your shoes are too small. You either need the next size up or the last does not work for you.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude size 2 in Hender scheme is a 37. My wife wears 2 in her pairs of HS. I'm surprised you even got your feet in those babies man.

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Had the MIP01, MIP08 and Neo monks, and gotta say the sizing is allover the place. All size 5; MIP 01 was definitely too big while neo monks were about half size too small. IIRC the non MIP items tend to fit a bit smaller than MIP but have yet to confirm. The only one I have now are the MIP08s but have definitely been tempted with the woven mules, vans and AF1 lows.

I also own an older leather conditioner which comes in a glass tub and veg tan leather box, although IMO can't say there's much difference with regular leather conditioner.

On a side note, can anyone confirm the differences between seasonal MIP releases? I think the leather changes (?)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a pair of the Presto-style sitting in my closet for about a year. I've resisted the urge to get rid of them, because I coveted them for so long before acquiring and because I know I'll wear them again. They just haven't worked with my style pre-COVID, I suppose (and now especially with COVID). I also find the fit to be a little clunky for my feet, although there's undoubtedly still room for breaking them in.

I see they came out again with the Slouchy loafer in the unwashed/pure vegetan variety. I just wish they would offer it in a 7. I had a comical endeavor years ago trying to get a pair of 6s to fit my size 11.5 feet before ultimately accepting defeat and selling them.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The slouchy in 7 would be awesome, I've been wanted by them for a while. I ended up getting Alden loafers even though they aren't no where near as casual as the Hender ones. Maybe one day they will make them for a big American feet.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone want my Hender MIP 12s (Pronto) in a size 7? I don't think I wear them enough to hold on to them.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The slouchy in 7 would be awesome, I've been wanted by them for a while. I ended up getting Alden loafers even though they aren't no where near as casual as the Hender ones. Maybe one day they will make them for a big American feet.

Btw,

1614696965314.png

They're on the Aberdeen last.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I left my prestos back in the states, and miss em here in Japan. They are one of my favorite shoes.

I resist the urge to get more Hender Scheme stuff. My wife has literally become a Hender Scheme accessory addict. Backpack, wallet, glasses leash, glasses pouch, I don't even know anymore.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw,

View attachment 1565701

They're on the Aberdeen last.
wow these are beautiful. but way out of my budget. Would you happen to know anything comparable the lower price range?

WELL **** i just followed the trail and the slouchy is exactly what i've been looking for. on the hunt i go lol

Last edited:

Pums

Reaction score
Their trifold wallet will be my next wallet.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow these are beautiful. but way out of my budget. Would you happen to know anything comparable the lower price range?

WELL **** i just followed the trail and the slouchy is exactly what i've been looking for. on the hunt i go lol

Those Aldens and the Henders are about it. Henders only go to 6 in that model.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left my prestos back in the states, and miss em here in Japan. They are one of my favorite shoes.

I resist the urge to get more Hender Scheme stuff. My wife has literally become a Hender Scheme accessory addict. Backpack, wallet, glasses leash, glasses pouch, I don't even know anymore.

Buy mine!

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Aldens and the Henders are about it. Henders only go to 6 in that model.
Have you had the henders in hand? I know the general advice is to size down as there's no adjustments you can make to a loafer. I'm a US 7.5 in most stuff, trying to determine if size 3 or 4 will be right for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads