• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HENDER SCHEME thread

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
HS.jpeg

YO! I was unable to find an official Hender Scheme thread and I decided it'd be fitting here... no? 2020 I've decided in my personal life I'm collecting Hender Scheme across the board.

What do you guys have? Do you wear the shoes? Do you baby them or do you actually wear them? Long before I started at CC I was super into the whole aura of Hender Scheme and it has remained to be one of my favorites now being fully acquainted with this world.

If you have worn shots, wanna see worn shots, help with sizing, etc. post it here. I can either help or just drool over your worn in shoes.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can never remember the model numbers, but I have the GATs in natural and the Jordan 4’s in black. Canoe Club unfortunately sold out of the Doc Marten’s in my size.

Before anyone questions getting HS in black over natural, I agree — no point in getting black over the natural.

The biggest impediment to owning more models (besides price) is the wonkiness of the fits and lasts. I have tried several of the other models, but the fits never worked in those, including the HS Timbs regrettably.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@bry2000 yeah man, we cruised through some of that Doc sizing :eek:. Some of the dressier models in black are so nice, though! Despite just having the Docs, I'm thinking I treat myself to something else come this Spring. You should post up a worn photo sometime if you wouldn't mind! Would really love to see the black leather worn, too

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopped MIP08s during winter sales and had them vibramed and sprayed with tarrago nanoprotector. Still breaking them in but they're more comfortable than the MIP10s I had and sold. They go with most of my wardrobe and are probably the easiest sneaker model to wear.
IMG_20200104_132407.jpg
IMG_20200105_102635.jpg

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@accordion did you get those while you were out of the US most recently? Also did you have a cobbler add the Vibram bit to the bottom? I've already put quite a bit of wear on my leather soles. I can see those working well into your wardrobe

Yea I posted about them on discord, sick sales in Shanghai. Went to a local vibram certified cobbler. The tan is cut from a standard vibram sheet, commando/Christie soles will have to be ordered.

iv4me

Reaction score
I have a pair of MIP-10s. I chose the black colorway because I wanted to be subtle..but I still get a lot of compliments on them. They go great with black jeans. I wasn't sure about them at first but they've become one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 416

shoewizz

Reaction score
long time admirer of HS, just picked up a pair of the AF1 high (MIP01) from Mr Porter's sale but not sure if I should keep em.

Looking for some size advice. Do these stretch a bit as you break them in? Im around a size EU39/40 (7 in most Adidas, 39 in most Margom soles like the Common Project Resorts, 7 D in Allen Edmond, 40 in FEIT - another natural leather brand).

I got the last pair from Mr P, HS size 2.

Length is fine, but other than that its a little tight - my toes are a bit squished, I could use some more room for the top of my foot too. Im wearing them around the house right now and have it fairly loosely laced to keep them from squeezing me.

If these are going to stretch out a decent bit with wear, ill probably end up fitting into these fine. Or should I try a size 3? I know normally shoe sizing isnt something to mess with, but at $330 w/tax, these are quite the deal.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@shoewizz I'll be honest - I wouldn't ever say they "stretch" as much as they're going to mold to your foot in areas of tension. With all your weight on one foot, bend down and squeeze around the ball of your foot. If you've got a little extra material coming up on the arch on your foot, you should be good. Otherwise, you're probably too tight in there. Hope this helps!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird I never saw this thread, I’m a huge huge fan. I own The GATs, prestos, the trek lows, some sacai hender scheme sandals. I also used to own some of the vans slip ones but they were much too small even at the same size, and I had some tall sacai hender scheme boots that were huge at the same size. I miss the latter the most, if anyone knows a lead to 2018 FW sacai hender scheme backlace boots or oxfords in 43, I’d kiss you.

My wife also has matching prestos and a wallet, plus we have a large tote bag, a small leather handbag, pins, bowls, clock.

****, I try to stop myself from buying something new every season.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee just hung my clock when i moved into my new house in denver! sounds like you've got a really nice collection coming along. so fun. i'm waiting on my next shipment that will hopefully contain the puzzle so i can do it/frame it

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee just hung my clock when i moved into my new house in denver! sounds like you've got a really nice collection coming along. so fun. i'm waiting on my next shipment that will hopefully contain the puzzle so i can do it/frame it

Man when I was in Japan on January, I almost bought the checker board that they had. The puzzle is another cool one, I was actually thinking of getting it and putting together then taking random pieces out and tanning them, then kinda doing the same to others at a different pace.

I'm trying to stick to the home good because my wife will kill me if I buy another shoe. I've been looking at the code tip really hard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads