• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HENDER SCHEME thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
View attachment 1570472
slouchy came in, in a nice little box. Super happy with the fit, a bit snug which is what I wanted. I'm in love!

Also, as a noob in shoes approaching any hint of formalness, especially leather shoes, any pointers on keeping these mint will be appreciated. Should I get them reinforced soles? any leather treatments? or should I just wear it and just embrace the wear and tear as it's already got a worn look?
To the extent you can assign intent to a product, Hender Schemes are intended to be worn and to bare the marks of wear. Adding a sole could increase traction or durability, but will also change the profile a bit and may impede the break-in process some. Maybe wear them in and then see about adding a rubber sole. Toe taps would be overkill.

I understand the instinct to preserve something that is expensive. But life is finite and you can’t take them with you.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the extent you can assign intent to a product, Hender Schemes are intended to be worn and to bare the marks of wear. Adding a sole could increase traction or durability, but will also change the profile a bit and may impede the break-in process some. Maybe wear them in and then see about adding a rubber sole. Toe taps would be overkill.

I understand the instinct to preserve something that is expensive. But life is finite and you can’t take them with you.
Yea I'm not too fussed about the cost/damage factor, was just more curious about whether there was any basic steps that needed to be taken with these types of shoes, as I'm a total noob. Cheers

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coming from years of sneakers and jandals these feel plenty formal to me! but obviously not actual 'formal' as described in menswear
I feel you on this, I've worn mostly either boots (steel toe for work) or sneakers for the vast majority of my life. When i look at loafers I feel like they are "formal". I guess they are considered more smart casual, but I just don't see myself wearing them. Now I'm more a brogue captoe kind of person in super casual leathers

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
I wear my MIP-8s (NBs) all the time, and they become incredibly comfortable, especially barefoot. The leather laces don’t tir well though, and break. Just switch to the cream cotton ones.
I made the lace switch recently and it appears to help.

Not abandoning them yet!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.