• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hemrajani/MyTailor - will they do a good job copying pants?

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
I searched this and didn't find an answer...hence the new thread.

I have a pair of pants made by an HK tailor who doesn't travel. I love the fit.

I'm toying with having Hemrajani copy them. The reason I'm not ordering directly from the HK tailor again is that I can't look at swatches remotely.

Does anyone have experience with Hemrajani copying pants? I'd imagine they're simpler to copy than a shirt or jacket.

Are Hemrajani pants a decent value?

By the way, I am a very very satisfied Hemrajani shirt customer..so I do have experience with part of their operation.

OyezDC

Reaction score
I've had them copy pants and it's worked out very well. I don't think I'd ever have them try to copy a jacket - probably beyond their capacity to do well.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since MyTailor is MTM, did the pants still alterations even though they were copied from an already well fitting pair?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
Does anyone have experience with Hemrajani copying pants? I'd imagine they're simpler to copy than a shirt or jacket.

Are Hemrajani pants a decent value?

Hemrajani will do a good job with this.

Originally Posted by OyezDC
I've had them copy pants and it's worked out very well. I don't think I'd ever have them try to copy a jacket - probably beyond their capacity to do well.

I find their jackets to be better than their pants.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joe Hemrajani has invested heavily in his business over the last few years. I think you will find that they can copy anything that you give them. Additionally, Joe would like to branch out into more originally tailored clothing. I have had MyTailor make 3 jackets and 6 pair of trousers for me. They do an excellent job. You need to be willing to work with Joe and have some give and take on the project, but they will do an excellent job.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 76 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 150 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 75 16.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 37 8.2%