1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hemming Jeans in NYC?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by handler4me, Apr 9, 2005.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

alternatively you could go to blue in green - they probably do chainstitching there also.

2. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior member

alternatively you could go to blue in green - they probably do chainstitching there also.

They will once they bring in their chainstitch sewing machine.

3. sue

sue New Member

They specialize in the original hem and will deliver to you so it's not a problem if you cannot find a local tailor that can do the original hem.

4. kelgri24

kelgri24 New Member

45 RPM will deliver?? I work in midtown and I'm really interested in having them hem a pair of jeans that I just bought.. but there is no location near me. However, if they would deliver that would be great.

5. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

6. kelgri24

kelgri24 New Member

Yeah. I figured that out after I posted my reply. I think I'm just gonna try 45rpm it sounds like they know what they're doing.

7. ang_kangkong

Way late, but I figured I'd say it anyway. I'd go with BiG, if I were you or anyone in your situation. Went to 45RPM and although they'll chainstitch, they won't switch the thread. It's the same color thread as the ones on their jeans, which is a burnt orange. BiG will change the color thread to match (as closely as possible) the ones on the jeans. The posts above were awhile ago and they've since gotten their machine.

8. maxse

maxse Active Member

guys so where exactly is BiG?

Also I am new to the forum and had no idea that it is possible to shorten jeans so they still look like the original ones at the bottom!

I currently have some jeans that are long on me and as a result of me constantly stepping on them at the back they are now stringy and slightly ripped at the bottom. Since they are still long is it possible for me to take it to one of these places so they will just cut it off and make it the correct size and they will look as good as new???
    I am in the LI/NYC are. Thanks in advance.

9. ang_kangkong

If you read this thread, I'm guessing you know that the reason for the original/Euro/California hem is that the jeans have a certain wear to them that would make just hemming them look weird (no wear or fade at the hem).

Also, if you're going for a chainstitch hem, you should make sure that it's going to be the right length by either
    a) soaking to get that shrinkage out of the way
    b) getting one wash jeans or
    c) making sure your jeans are sanforized

Okay, now BIG:
    http://blueingreensoho.com
    8 Greene Street
    New York
    NY

T(212) 680-0555
    F(212) 680-0556

10. maxse

maxse Active Member

thanks. So chainstitching will make the current jeans that I have that are all worn out to threads on the bottom pretty much look like new at BiG?

Also will they measure them there how much they have to take off. Should I wear the sneakers that I wear most often with them?