1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Helsinki street style

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ville_e, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

am i right or am i right???
    And airplane food ... what's up with that?

2. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

3. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Well, denim is a half of what this forum discusses... But fashion is discussed as well. And there are some pretty knowledgeable people here. Styleforum's track record speaks for itself. Just search for "A.P.C.", "Engineered Garments" and "Nudie" and see how far back the discussions started.

As for having an opinion, hey, we all have them. And it's definitely not closeminded to hold them. However, it's closeminded to reject something just because it doesn't fit your own aesthetic. That's pretty much the definition of being closeminded - the inability to make paradigm shifts in your thinking. And it is just ignorant to state opinions without basis. Check out the "What do you think of my outfit" thread if you can't figure out how to articulate an opinion.

if i rejected everything because it didn't fit my aesthetic then i would have left this forum the day i started. there's things that don't fit my style and i accept it (ex. nut-crushers). Then there's things that make me think "WTF!?!? ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?". guess which this helsinki style falls into? Somethings just go too far into my patented "WTF-o-METER". If that is fashion then i don't know what isn't fashionable. the funny thing is that these guys who like this "style" are the sameones who say evisu calls too much attention.

4. cultpop 0217

if i rejected everything because it didn't fit my aesthetic then i would have left this forum the day i started. there's things that don't fit my style and i accept it (ex. nut-crushers). Then there's things that make me think "WTF!?!? ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?". guess which this helsinki style falls into? Somethings just go too far into my patented "WTF-o-METER". If that is fashion then i don't know what isn't fashionable. the funny thing is that these guys who like this "style" are the sameones who say evisu calls too much attention.

actually i seem to remember you not being so accepting of nuthuggers either (a little comment about male ballerinas comes to mind).

5. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Lesson: the trained eye can judge whether a person understands that true uniqueness comes not from clothing, but from within. By looking at the person's clothing. [​IMG]

6. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

actually i seem to remember you not being so accepting of nuthuggers either (a little comment about male ballerinas comes to mind).

i don't like em...but i accept them. I still stand by everything i said, but if you want to get your nuts crushed that's all you.

7. cultpop 0217

i don't like em...but i accept them. I still stand by everything i said, but if you want to get your nuts crushed that's all you.

so by accepting you mean insulting to those who wear them.

i get it now.[​IMG]

8. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

I would have left this forum long ago if people didn't present interesting styles and brands. I could just walk into Macy's and get all the fashion style I needed there.

Blackplatano, you do bring the frat boy point of view in here though. So i guess that's something.

9. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

I would have left this forum long ago if people didn't present interesting styles and brands. I could just walk into Macy's and get all the fashion style I needed there.

Blackplatano, you do bring the frat boy point of view in here though. So i guess that's something.

I do like the different perspectives, too. Speaking of which, I'm finding that my tastes really run toward the early 20th century, like working class wear. I love the reproductions that EG make, and really wish there were more companies of that ilk around that actually sold their stuff in the US, and not solely in Japan.

10. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

a few more "Helsinki looks:"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. tigerx

tigerx Senior member

great outfits, but that last guy have boobs.

12. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

they released a "HEL LOOKS" book recently as well... it might be on amazon, not sure..