1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help with what to put with a window pane suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by antirabbit, Oct 24, 2006.

1. antirabbit

antirabbit Distinguished Member

Tomorrow I have a huge presentation, I am going to wear a dark charcol suit that has blue window pane. I have chosen either a blue on blue striped double cuff shirt (spread collar), or what I consider a more formal Eton shirt that is double cuff, white with lavender stripes (more of a pointed collar). For ties, either a sun yellow very thick woven waffle knit (structured), or a blue/green/black striped tie. Question:
    What tie, and what shirt.
    Shoes will be some beautiful MTM shoes from a small shop in bergamo, antiqued chestnut chisled toe, two eye ankle boots. (I should post a pic of them, I love them)

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

i would wear a white shirt ans a plain tie as the more colors you wear the effect it will have on what people remember about the presentation is you and not the content. i also would considerwearing black shoes as well as this would be a semi formal event and better to play safe.

but please do post pics of your shoes!![​IMG]

3. antirabbit

antirabbit Distinguished Member

Here it is, on top of a great violin piece!

4. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Distinguished Member

I would ignore the windowpane (Unless its very bold, and somehow I dont think it is) and wear whatever you want. Generally I concern myself more with the shirt and tie than whether itll go with the suit.

Sometimes you do have to pay attention to the suit like avoiding a yellow or cream shirt with a tan suit. I am more concerned with your tie choices. I realize that it's none of my business what ties you wear but I cant give you any opinions on stylistic harmony unless I see the shirts and ties.