• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with viruses

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, deleting the installer programs will not effect the installed programs. You just won't be able to install them again without downloading the installers again. You shouldn't need to install them again, but if you have room on your drive and they're not a trouble, you can just as easily keep them around. Think of it this way, when you buy software on a CD you put the CD in the drive, and install it, and then the CD comes back out of the computer and into a pile on your desk. Err, into its case and nicely onto the shelf, I mean. Anyway, the CD contains the installer programs, and you don't need them in most cases once the software is installed. So, yes, you may, if you wish, delete the installer programs by right-clicking and selecting delete, or by dragging them to the Recycle Bin. I don't know about your MTU, that's a pretty advanced setting that probably won't have any bearing on your computer's speed although it may effect your Internet connection speed. If you're not sure about it, don't mess with it. If you want more speed for your computer in general, like I said, a memory (RAM) upgrade will probably be the most significant and cost effective thing you can do. Ad Aware should be able to detect everything it can detect even with your browser running. However, if it needed to fix something, you would need to shut down your browser. It would probably tell you to do so at that point. I don't use Grisoft, but you will have to find its options / settings / preferences and set it not to run every time you start Windows. HTH.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just want to thank everyone for their advice. i'm down to only 6 viruses now but none of them seem to be effecting the computer in a noticeable way. interestingly, i've run grisoft, systemsuite, and norton, and they each find different viruses.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus, eleven and a half years on the necro? That's gotta be some kind of record.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads