1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help with stovetop espresso machine

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Renault78law, Mar 27, 2006.

1. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I was under the [mistaken?] impression that a stovetop espresso machine was something along the lines of this Bialetti:
    [​IMG]

A Moka like the one you've pictured makes fine coffee. For espresso, I use one of these:

[​IMG]

2. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

A Moka like the one you've pictured makes fine coffee. For espresso, I use one of these:

[​IMG]

I may have to look into that...my college coffee shop is expensive and leaves much to be desired.
    How hard is that Atomic to clean?

3. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

The Capresso S9 is a nice machine but one does not have to spend $2400 to get excellent espresso. This machine and other superautomatics like it automate tasks like grinding, measuring, tamping and even frothing and that's why it costs what it does.

If you are willing to sacrafice some convenience for additional control over the whole process than you can get a superior setup for much less.

Ahhhhh....but if you know what and where to buy from they can be had for much less, roughly 30%

4. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I may have to look into that...my college coffee shop is expensive and leaves much to be desired.
    How hard is that Atomic to clean?

Pretty easy. You'll want to clean the 'frothing wand' fairly promptly after you use it to save yourself from harder work later on. Apart from that, certainly no worse than the Moka.

5. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

At 70% off that machine is an awesome buy.

6. Horace

Horace Senior member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507

Alas, "not available".

I bought a cheapo version on the street in Paris for about 5 Euro.
    Piece of shit. Plastic handle all melted and whatnot.

Not bad coffee though. And I've found (and have been told) that the fine ground works much better on these types than the course ground coffee.

7. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

8. Twouthe1992

Twouthe1992 New Member

KRUPS EA8250 Espresseria Fully Automatic Espresso Machine with Built-in Conical Burr Grinder is the best product of espresso machine known to me so far.. It has intuitive LCD display for easy recipe selection and easy to use steam nozzle for creamy latte drinks. This machine is very easy to use and makes great cup of coffee..